Ruger BX trigger

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wee little story, mail person delivered me trigger yesterday and I stuck it in and grabbed 3 bx25 rounders.. Off I went with the anticipation of the 2.5lb pull, only to have trouble with the bho.. SOB, just cuz ya get a nicer trigger doesn't mean you get a auto release bho plate.. After some wiggling I got it released.. So the 10 minute install turned into X2 and had to modify another plate.. Both are only a 10 minute job, it was just a wee bit annoying that it didn't come to me before marching out in the sloppy wetness.. Here's the best YT on the mod which I've posted before..

steelfingers

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You paid $12 for what took me less than 5 minutes to file away, but then I can say I got a Timmy bolt release..
I'm happy and didn't have to take a file to a factory part. You can call it an Atlas is you want but it's a filed down factory part that will have to be replaced when you sell it. I just put the other one back in.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've not been impressed with the BX triggers I've felt. I dont think they've been as light as claimed, and they felt spongy to me. It wouldnt be bad for a factory trigger if thats what they were (instead of an upgrade) but for the money I'd rather do a Kidd trigger kit for a few bucks more.

I also dont mess with filing down the bolt release. The parts are cheap enough to just swap out so all of my 10/22s get new ones :)

GlockPride

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've not been impressed with the BX triggers I've felt. I dont think they've been as light as claimed, and they felt spongy to me. It wouldnt be bad for a factory trigger if thats what they were (instead of an upgrade) but for the money I'd rather do a Kidd trigger kit for a few bucks more.

I also dont mess with filing down the bolt release. The parts are cheap enough to just swap out so all of my 10/22s get new ones :)

This right here. They aren’t that great. I’ve got one in a 50th anniversary rifle and felt several others in the package and they aren’t great. Definite inexpensive upgrade from standard carbine trigger, but nothing special.
If you want a good trigger or are a trigger snob, recommend saving up some $ and searching for other routes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom