• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City Ruger early Standard Model .22 LR semi auto with original box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Murder

Marksman
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
1970 Ruger Standard Model with 6” barrel, original box & manual. Includes 3 magazines, one is new in box. Pistol is as new.
Wow. I have one almost exactly like it I bought ~45 years ago with which I have taught many people to shoot. Minor difference that I see:
The stampings on the sides of the receiver are slightly different.
The Ruger emblem on the grip is chrome and black and on the right grip instead of the left.
My serial number starts with 14-. Does anyone know if that can identify the date of manufacture?

grizzlywinmag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Wow. I have one almost exactly like it I bought ~45 years ago with which I have taught many people to shoot. Minor difference that I see:
The stampings on the sides of the receiver are slightly different.
The Ruger emblem on the grip is chrome and black and on the right grip instead of the left.
My serial number starts with 14-. Does anyone know if that can identify the date of manufacture?
You can pm me your full serial number and I can get you the date. I’d like to see pictures too.

Buck98

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
When my dad gave me all his guns back in 2003. He would give me 1 or 2 at time. He had one very similar to this one. It was the first gun he gave to me. I offered to pay him for it and he said “what am I going to do with $30”. I asked him what he meant and he told me that’s what he paid for it new. Bought it at Shamburgs sporting goods in Clinton Ok. Wish I had the box and papers. It’s ashamed we didn’t realize how important cardboard boxes and papers would turn out to be. Nice pistol and a great price.

Latest posts

Top Bottom