Ruger GP100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Picked mine up today. Thanks guys for the work you put in getting this done.
Just got mine cleaned up. Is there a way to get the scratches out of stainless besides bead blasting? Also, the trigger on mine is not resetting fully 100% of the time and if the trigger isn't fully reset you can't pull the trigger again. Anyone having this issue? May just need some lube.

Edit: Added a couple of drops of oil under the pulled trigger and it smoothed out quite a bit.

Reaction score
Got mine just finished cleaning it and getting it back together...If you haven't yet, go ahead and strip it. mine had a syrup like substance in it. but cleaned up fantastically.
Thanks All.
ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m264_KDPWWO_357001.jpg

ai106.photobucket.com_albums_m264_KDPWWO_357002.jpg

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just went over mine with some Flitz polish and a T-shirt and it has improved greatly. I may hit the most obvious scratches with a dremel and Flitz then follow it with some Mothers. The Flitz alone made a big difference, drew your eye away from the most obvious scratches.
After I shoot it on Friday I am going to break it all the way down and clean it. It was filthy with dirt, lint, scum, etc. The barrel and cylinder weren't dirty at all, it was all the crevices.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd like to replace the sites and maybe the grip. I have small hands and can't get the grip on it I would like.

I'd like to put an optical site on the front and dots on the back. Is this something one can install themselves? Where should I look online for sites and grips that fit - Midway?

Thanks

B

tul9033

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Look at the Millet front sight (white and orange), I've only seen stock for rear but there is supposed to be a Millet for the rear also.
Midway and maybe Brownells.

I'd like to replace the sites and maybe the grip. I have small hands and can't get the grip on it I would like.

I'd like to put an optical site on the front and dots on the back. Is this something one can install themselves? Where should I look online for sites and grips that fit - Midway?

Thanks

B

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Thanks

B

Millett makes a really nice rear sight. They only catalog white outline and plain black IIRC, but call them direct and they will make you a custom white dots rear blade for no extra charge (This is what I did for my 686).

Hi-Viz makes a fiber optic front for the GP. You just push the spring loaded plunger in with a punch or similar tool and the front sight pops in and out very easily.

Williams makes front and rear fiber optic sight sets as well. I haven't seen any others for the Ruger, but if someone has, post them up!!! :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom