Ruger LCRx - 3" 8 shot .22 LR Revolver ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No worries on the frames...they use them on 38 and 327, too.
Their 357 has more metal.

That being said...I dont like their triggers (I had a 357).
My buddy loves them and has a 22mag, 327 and 357

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone seen one of these? Kinda curious but not so sure about the "polymer fire control housing"...
Rent one and try it. I've got the .22LR and 9mm DOA models. The trigger pull on the .22 is twice what the 9mm is. I read it's something about needing to cover a range of 22LR brass rim thickness and toughness..

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I didn't buy mine for looks. If I had, I would have gotten something chrome-plated.

My LCR is my carry gun in 9mm and my wife has one in .22. Unfortunately, neither one is an x.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Butt ugly = YES. But they are the best snubbie revolver currently produced bar none. More modern design and materials. The trigger geometry is noticeably lighter than S&W J frames and the wear surfaces are nickel boron coated. I've owned 2 LCRs and both were lighter and smoother out of the box than my tuned 442. I was totally blown away with how well the LCR shot so I sold my 442 and the LCR replaced it. I sold the LCRs because I want the added capacity of an auto and knew if I kept it I'd carry it instead of an auto. I still wish I had one but my previous sentence prevents me from buying another. :screwy:

ldp4570

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I think with Ruger producing this it makes the perfect little kit gun for the trail/survival. Combined with something like the 10/22 take down or similar style .22lr rifle it should make a better companion piece than the SR22 pistol. Unless Ruger screwed this up it should be more accurate than the SR22 pistol. Granted it is ugly, but if it performs as well as all the other LCR platforms she should be a winner. I would like to try one out, and then probably get one.

Latest posts

Top Bottom