Ruger Mark III or Browning Buckmark?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am going to buy another .22LR pistol for taget shootig and am asking for your opinions on which to choose: Ruger Mark III or Browning Buckmark. Why?

update:
Well after reading all the comments below I ran out at lunch and bought the Buckmark! Can't wait to go shooting this weekend!

[Broken External Image]

Hawgman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you want a .22 pistol that is very reliable, very accurate, quite durable and has an excellent trigger get the buckmark. If you want the proverbial “drop it off a cliff and it still works” get the ruger. But, right out of the box, the ruger’s trigger feels like it’s been dropped off a cliff already compared to the buckmark.

Wall

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a buckmark & my friend has a ruger. Maint. is definately easier on my buckmark. If you want to upgrade the barrel the buckmark is cheaper. The ruger barrel can't be changed without getting a whole new top end. The top end is the registered portion of the mark III, so it would have to go thru an ffl if you bought it new or online etc... It's also much more expensive than just a simple barrel swap on the browning. On the upside, there are more aftermarket grip options available for the mark III.

Both are lots of fun & great shooters.

garrett09

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have owned both in the last year and i like the buckmark better.It feels smoother to me. Both are great guns and will serve you well. Happy shooting.

Latest posts

Top Bottom