Ruger Mark IV...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jbrentd

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone else see this? Are you interested? I wonder how many people have never taken their's apart for fear of not being about to get it back together. Also, what might it do to the prices of the Mark III's?

http://www.ruger.com/news/2016-09-22.html

http://www.ruger.com/products/markIV/overview.html

www.ruger.com_products_markIV_images_line_top.jpg

ruger_public.s3.amazonaws.com_news_2016_09_22_MarkIV_T.jpg

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That's quite the improvement.
I've bee taking them apart for so long it's no longer a chore, but I know a lot of people get real frustrated trying to reassemble them.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Interesting, once the design is out for a while and proven it might be worth it. And while my 22/45 Mark III is a bit of a pain once you do it a few times it's not really that bad.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad Ruger is trying to improve the product, but I hope it really is an improvement and doesn't hurt the great design in some way. I've never understood the issue with taking the older ones down, and I actually think it's fun (including a full detail strip--just don't lose those little springs!).

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That is an interesting update and a bit of a price hike. Is that on par with prices now or quite a bit higher?
Probably right around the same, looked online at a place I like to go through and the same ones in the photo's were about 60.00 less for the Mark III version which is pretty standard vs brick and mortar stores.

I'm glad Ruger is trying to improve the product, but I hope it really is an improvement and doesn't hurt the great design in some way.

I agree, making a change to make something easier at the cost of accuracy/reliability is never a good thing.

Latest posts

Top Bottom