Ruger Precison - Savage Precision

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone used either of these rifles, Ruger Precision or the Savag 10 Ashbury or stealth BA, I know Weatherby is making one using the Vanguard action , I am looking at on of these in 6.5 creedmore and just looking for anyone that has used these rifles. 'I know I want the vortex razor hd scope I've had nothin but good vortex experiences

Last edited:

emapples

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah I'd rather be able to buy an action like that and add a different hand rail as I understand it is held on by just two screws I guess I could have a 6.5 creedmore ar built

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I put several rounds through a couple of different rugers one in 243 win and the other in 6.5 creed The ruger wasn't that impressive honestly. I've seen savage axis rifles that shot better. Maybe the savage will be a better gun. I've not seen a savage yet but initial reviews are positive. The fact that companies are offering prefit rpr barrels leads me to believe that may be the entire issue with most rugers much like their m77

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I put several rounds through a couple of different rugers one in 243 win and the other in 6.5 creed The ruger wasn't that impressive honestly. I've seen savage axis rifles that shot better. Maybe the savage will be a better gun. I've not seen a savage yet but initial reviews are positive. The fact that companies are offering prefit rpr barrels leads me to believe that may be the entire issue with most rugers much like their m77

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can get prefit barrels for Savage rifles too IIRC.