Ruger's new 10/22 version. The "Appleseed Ruger"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
http://bearingarms.com/first-look-at-the-appleseed-ruger/

Attendees and instructors of the Revolutionary War Veterans Association’s heritage and marksmanship program known as the Appleseed Project have been modifying .22 semi-automatic rifles into a very specific form for years now, adding aperture iron sights, sling swivels, an enhanced magazine release, and a web sling to create what is known as the Liberty Training Rifle.

Marlin released a 795-based LTR this past year (we’re still trying to get our hands upon one), but Ruger has always been resistant to building a factory-custom rifle tailored for the program… until now.

Sorta.

You see, Ruger had a customer design contest to celebrate the 50th Anniversary of the Ruger 10/22, and an Appleseed instructor entered his version of a Ruger 10/22 based LTR. Other Appleseed instructors and attendees (of which there are over 100,000 now) voted for the rifle in the design contest and the result was that Gary from Michigan’s design won the contest.

And here it is at the SHOT Show.

[Broken External Image]

Raoul Duke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Somewhere in the stillborn state of Sequoyah
Thanks for posting this, looks awesome!

First and foremost, where is the GI sling?

Hmmm, MSRP of $439.

It better have two 10 round magazines, the RAR marksman(although, I'd call it the rifleman on this 10/22 as a nod to Appleseed) adjustable trigger and auto bolt release from the factory. I expect an engraved receiver or at least a laser etched bolt to denote and commemorate that this is the 50th anniversary model. Gift certificates for free admission for one to an Appleseed and to enter a NSSF(formerly Ruger) Rimfire challenge should be included with the purchase of this rifle.

The only other change I would make is to have the dovetail cut for the rear sight in the barrel and a carbine style forend with a barrel band so a mini scout mount could be installed to allow for a forward mounted scope or a lasermax 10/22 laser.

Ah, who am I kidding? I'll buy one regardless. If the production run is still capped on these at 5,000, they are already sold out of 'em.

P.S. Ruger should designate the model number of this rifle as #6414 as a nod to the anniversary.

http://onlygunsandmoney.blogspot.com/2014/01/2014-shot-show-ed-head-on-ruger-1022.html?showComment=1389920689480

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=644881445576314&set=a.160583267339470.40901.153053841425746&type=1&stream_ref=10

Last edited:

becker_atc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If only 5,000 being built I doubt I get one. Like the fella above me said they are all sold before they hit the open market I bet with how popular the 10-22 is. I'll build my own I guess on either a new one bought to mod or my 1988 vintage bone stock 10-22.

I hope they keep this patteren of rifle in production I could care less about 50th anniversary. But that's just me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom