• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

Oklahoma City "Ruler of the Plains" Original Oil Painting by Carlo Wahlbeck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dr_Strangelove

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Is this item for sale?
  1. For Sale
Sale Price
550$
This painting is an original by listed artist, Carlo Wahlbeck. My grandfather purchased the painting from the artist during an exhibition in Palm Springs, CA in 1976. (It is available for inspection prior to purchase.)

Description:

Artist:............................Carlo Wahlbeck, Palm Springs, CA
Copyright Date:..............1975
Purchase Date:...............1976
Type:.............................Oil on board
Title:............................"Ruler of the Plains"
Dimensions:...................21.25"L x 25" H - High quality wood frame.

The artist wrote the following message on the back of the painting: (photo included):
"Ruler of the Plains"
Assisi Boine Tribe, Manitoba, Canada
Oil by Carlo Wahlbeck © - 1975
'Great Buffalo Hunters, Brother of the Plains Indians — May Understanding Between Us All Prevail Be It White Man or Red Man'
Thank You For Your Support

(signature)

Carlo Wahlbeck's art is located in many notable collections around the world, including: King Gustav of Sweden, Ronald Reagan Presidential Library and Museum, Richard Nixon Presidential Library and Museum, Bob Hope Cultural Center, Museum of Art, Tel Aviv, The Robert Guggenheim Collection, Lucile Ball Collection, and Elizabeth Taylor Collection."

The painting is worth considerably more than what I am selling it for. This is because I don't have the time required to deal with the art brokers and auction houses that have the market knowledge required to locate Wahlbeck collectors who will pay top dollar for the painting. My grandfather paid $28,000.00 for this painting (in 1976), however, that does not mean it is worth that today. It could be worth more or less. The value of a piece of fine art is the price it will sell for today. To maximize its value, it should be sold to a Wahlbeck collector.

Otherwise, it is just another oil painting, and that is how I am choosing to sell it.

Ruler of the Plains - Full.jpg

Ruler of the Plains - Reverse - Artists Message.jpg
Ruler of the Plains - Artists Signature.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Top Bottom