S.Potts 2016

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1st knife finished of 2016
A few years back I discovered buffalo horn handles, I guess they became my favorite or one of them anyway, as I made a lot of knives with Buffalo horn scales and brass accents, I still have a weakness for that combination, I have not really used it in a while, I picked these two scales out of the big bin in the show room of Jantz the other day and put them on this knife. I hit pay dirt with the white streaking as they had no sign of it in the raw form. To me Buffalo horn is a little difficult to work with compared to some but it finishes great, it has a tacky quality when it gets wet, and is very very stable once on the knife. Buffalo horn pared with D2 one tough combination! I glitched on a couple stamping in the middle of this sheath, it still looks OK, I guess, it proves its hand made, yeah that's it. This one will be hard to let go....lol.

blade is 3/16 stock thickness d-2 tool steel.
8 1/4" total
3 7/8" blade
handle is brass bolster with black g-10 and brass stacking, streaked buffalo horn scales, brass and nickel silver pins and tapered tang.
sheath is 8-9 oz veggie tanned premium leather.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
5/32 stock thickness D2 tool steel
8 1/4" total length, 3 1/2" blade
handle is bead blasted carbon fiber scales, nickel silver bolster, 1/16" nickel silver pins and 1/4" tube.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is one with some really cool highly figured Green and yellow Stabilized Box Elder Burl scales and yellow g-10 liners. I made a sheath for it but when I stuck the knife in it cut right through the side of the sheath dang it, back to the drawing board.

8" total with a 3 1/8" blade
scales are stabilized dyed green and yellow Box Elder burl
416 stainless steel bolsters
nickel silver pins
yellow g-10 liners

Latest posts

Top Bottom