S.Potts Custom knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
here is a new profile off my bench, well its a mix of a couple popular designs of mine I melved together. A nice sized skinner/hunter and a gift from a wife to her husband for an anniversary gift....wives pay attention here...lol

8 1/2" total
3 1/2" blade from 3/16" Alabama Damascus
handle is nickel silver bolster, Mammoth tooth scales with copper and nickel silver Mosaic pins.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wanted to make something different than normal from this rasp I found at a junk store. This one I put a lot of file work on, thumb jimping, clay quenched for differential heat treatment, put a large bolster on it, drilled a few holes in it for options of attaching lanyard at front or rear of handle, and some cool factor. With the thickness and the differential heat treatment this should be one tough dude.

13.5" total
8 1/4" blade with 7 1/4" cutting edge
handle is straight grain Ironwood.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
one of about 4 of these little babies I need to get out, anyway finished one today. This one is made from 0-1 tool steel not stainless but a good general purpose steel, holds edge good and is easy to re-sharpen.

8" total
blade 3 1/4" @ 3/16" stock thickness
blade is High Carbon 0-1 tool steel
handle is black linen Micarta with copper/nickel silver Mosaic and lanyard tube, bolster is 416 stainless steel. Sheath is veggie tanned 8-9 oz premium leather.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
just in time for fishing season!

This one is made from 0-1 tool steel high carbon (not stainless) should make a excellent fillet knife, but its going to patina.

12" total length
6 1/2" blade @ 1/16 stock thickness 0-1 tool steel
handle is toxic green and black Kinirite with 416 stainless bolster and Mosaic pins.

[Broken External Image]

Latest posts

Top Bottom