S.Potts Custom knives

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have had this piece of steel laying around for a while, it has a bad lamination in the very but of the handle, I finally decided to make it anyway. I do not think the separation will hurt anything where it is I will probably just keep the knife myself. Any way it was another good chance to try something a little different. The handle on this one is just a block of cast resin its green and blue the green didn't come out in the pics to well but its there.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A new hunting profile from my bench longer and shallower then I usually do I also moved the plunge cut and leading edge of the bolster right together, no wasted blade here. 99% of my new profile knives or experimental knives are built on the simple side, embellishing a knife with bolster etc is easy enough to do next time. This one is 1095 high carbon and black paper micarta with Nickel silver, brass and copper mosaic pins, a little basic file work, over all pretty simple and tried and true materials.

8 1/4" total length
blade is 4"
1095 high carbon at 5/32 stock thickness
handle is black paper micarta with nickle silver, brass, and copper accents.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I found this set of presentation grade Ironwood scales, looking through the box at Jantz, and had to see them on a knife. You need to see these in real life they look like marble. This is a popular profile I get a lot of interest in with a few slight mod's, the butt of the handle, I carried out the belly and made a sharper sweep into the tip for a more aggressive skinning profile, I very deeply etched the high carbon Damascus

8" total with 3 1/4" blade
High carbon Alabama Damascus @ aprox 3/16" stock thickness
Handle is presentation grade Ironwood with stainless bolster and Nickle silver, brass, and copper Mosaic pins.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm kind of in limbo on knife making as I'm about to pack up the shop and move it, anyway for something to do on this cool September day I made my 10 year old daughter a knife. I got her a little buck pocket knife a couple years ago, she has kept up with it so I made her this little skinner today.

6" total with a 2 5/16" blade, pink G-10 handle, Alabama high carbon Damascus blade. Put some experimental file work in the spine, I need a little practice on the hearts...lol. but its hand made that has to account for something :)

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not make a lot of hidden tang knives, I just do not like to make them, I do like how light they are compared to full tang knives. Any way I was given this stack of giraffe bone disks and ask to make a knife out of it. This one is A2 tool steel.

this one is 8 7/8" long made from 3/16 stock thickness A2 tool steel, handle is stacked stabilized giraffe bone with a nickel silver bolster

Brandi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm kind of in limbo on knife making as I'm about to pack up the shop and move it, anyway for something to do on this cool September day I made my 10 year old daughter a knife. I got her a little buck pocket knife a couple years ago, she has kept up with it so I made her this little skinner today.

6" total with a 2 5/16" blade, pink G-10 handle, Alabama high carbon Damascus blade. Put some experimental file work in the spine, I need a little practice on the hearts...lol. but its hand made that has to account for something :)

I think it looks great, making those hearts can't be easy. You're killing me with these pink knives, I want one! I hope you're still making them when I can afford to throw some money at you.

randallss7

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A-2 tool steel 9.5'' hunter, black linen micarta, red-g10 stacked stainless bolster, ready for hunting season. By the way A-2 tool steel is just awesome..in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom