S&W 342PD vs 337PD

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

flatwins

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Some great info here, guys, so thanks! I'll try the coin drill. There has always been something in me that doesn't feel right dryfiring a gun so I have some snapcaps for this sort of thing. ldp- I even found some in 38 S&W!

CY- that's a damn nice pistol you have there.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
thanks .. really getting attached to the 337PD. it's become my EDC.
profile is small enough to slip into my front or rear pocket. disapears tucked inside the belt.

12.5oz loaded weight is a pleasure to carry. with 135grn +P it's totally controllable.

feel like I made the correct decision by going with an exposed hammer.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
another 6 month update.... my 337PD got replaced with a 340PD.

wasn't really looking but a 340PD popped up on classifies... so I jumped on it. 1/2 oz heavier with .357 option. definitely not bad as all the gloom-n-doom reports about firing a .357 in 340PD. no problems hitting a pie plate at 10yds.

after all that... still came back to carry 340PD with +P for better control. what made the difference is 340PD's sleeker profile. no hammer to catch coming out of pocket.

while 337PD has option of single action mode. all my practice rounds were DA... adding no snag profile, tripped decision in favor of 340PD for EDC.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_340pd7.JPG

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
fast forward a year ... 340PD is still my CCW... now carrying .357
337PD has turned into a safe queen...

almost never use my CT laser, but CT grip is superior to stock for handling recoil from .357. locks removed from both revolvers.

ahome.tulsaconnect.com_toug_cpf_340pd337pd.JPG

Latest posts

Top Bottom