S&W Is Discontinuing The First Generation Shield

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
A little, I just hate the trigger and the thumb safety.

Our mitt size is a far bigger issue with that little thing. I think it was made with little children in mind.
That's understandable. I never had a problem with either the grip or trigger but I will admit I don't shoot it quite as well as a mid size or full size Glock or M&P.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I keep looking for another because I have a spare laser for one. I suppose I could always sell the laser though --- I can't find a deal on one that I want since I got my other during the cheap sales with rebates period and hate paying more after getting a deal.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I keep looking for another because I have a spare laser for one. I suppose I could always sell the laser though --- I can't find a deal on one that I want since I got my other during the cheap sales with rebates period and hate paying more after getting a deal.
I can understand that.

I have a first generation 9mm that I might be tempted to sell if I get my new G48 vetted soon.

twotonevert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I carry my first gen .40 almost every day. There is just something about the Shield that I like. I have tried to carry my wifes Hellcat and I do like my XDs, but I always go back to the Shield for some reason.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Same here. Highest I have paid was 300 and that was for the whole kit gun and 5 mags

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom