S&W victory project

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I picked this gun up because i love the 38 s&w load. I had a little I frame regulation police but felt like i was beating the heck out of it with even mild reloads. This is a Victory K frame that will handle just about any 38 s&w load you could throw at it. Someone had had tried to bore the cylinder out for the 38 spl. length. The 38 S&W is bigger in diameter in both the projectile and the case. .360 for the bullet and the shell won't even go into a 38spl cylinder. Well, i think they held the gun between they're knees and used a drill to do the boring! The results were a gun that would bulge the brass of either caliber to the point that is was ruined.

After searching for a while, I finally located a 38s&w cylinder. Most of the recent guns are being demilarterized with cut cylinders. I received the cylinder today and got lucky, the lock-up and timing are acceptable. What i ended up with a is a very cool milsurp that i a can shoot and have a blast with.
i977.photobucket.com_albums_ae253_dlbleak_P5070489.jpg

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Nice gun.

I hope you reload.

I have a S&W Victory Model and a 1887 Marlin Top Break Revolver in 38 S&W.

The last box of ammo I found was $37!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
believe it or not ebay, they have reduced they're restrictions on gun parts. if you cruise ebay enough, you can just about build a complete gun. nikat, have any more details on the 44 spl? blue/nickel,barrel length,condition, etc. i'd like to pick one up in shooter grade. collector grade can run a little rich for my blood.

Latest posts

Top Bottom