S&W22 Victory Pistol, a Ruger knock-off?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sure looks like someone's patent expired

Edit frame is serialized, not the barrel/carrier assembly, so not 100% knockoff I think

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sure looks like the basic design of my Mark III. I like the way the upper takes down, vs the ruger that can be a pain unless one installs the ez-strip feature.

Not sure I like the looks though. Just something about the design?

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a couple trusty old Mark II 22/45 pistols, and just thought, by looks, this one looks like the design of the Ruger .22. I haven't done any further research.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember when S&W directly copied the Glock (i.e., the Sigma), and had to change the design after a law-suit. I had a pre-lawsuit Sigma. Fun times.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Had one of the original sigma's before the POS broke into the house and stole almost every gun I had. Amazingly accurate for a cheap gun, but the trigger ruined it totally. They must have glued sandpaper on the sear it was so gritty.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Those Sigma triggers were easy to "fix"...... there's a few videos out there that show how to make ~6lb triggers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom