SA Saint 5.56...Ruger 556...S&W M&P15 Sport 2 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I see several AR-15 type rifles in the firearm section I.e. a nice CORE AR-15 for $700.00. There are pleanty of ARs out there just gotta look a bit.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As for black out, I've seen a lot of critters shot with all sorts of things, but one of the worst in terminal effect is 300 Blackout. In sub sonic it just dents pigs. In full power your shooting a +p 30 carbine at best. No thanks!

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
For me, it’s the configuration and parts list of the PDW that appeal to me. I don’t know of any other makers that offer a similar setup right out of the box. I could build a similar AR myself, but it wouldn’t have the panache of the Saint PDW.

Just so you know, the PDW is the AR pistol configuration with a 5.5” barrel. Not at all like the carbines you’re considering.

Yeah I know what the PDW
is.

I was just curious as to why the Saint over other brands. I guess I just don't ever consider what the "penache" factor is.

bigred1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think 300 blk would be a choice for home defense if you don't have a shotgun handy. I've got a AR 15 rifle in 5.56 and want to try a pistol in 300.

Last edited:

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think you already have a great H.D. gun.......if you bring it in out of your truck! BUT.....wanting a 300 BO pistol??? You had me at want!:fullauto:

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I haven't shouldered a black gun since Vietnam but I'm seriously considering purchasing one.

I'm not going to be shooting matches with it and more than likely I won't scope it (we'll see), it's just going to be for occasional range plinking and self / home defense if needed.

I've been looking at the Springfield Armory 'Saint' 5.56.......$849.00 + tax locally.

Anybody have, had or fired one ?........any opinions on the gun ?

Edit; I'm not totally locked in on the Saint.....for what I want it for how about the Ruger 556 or the S & W M&P 15 Sport 2 ?

View attachment 173950
https://www.springfield-armory.com/saint-series/saint-ar-15-rifles/

Just know you are buying in the middle of a frenzy. These rifles were going for $200 cheaper previously.

Latest posts

Top Bottom