Saddle hunting class at Dirty Bird

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, what is saddle hunting? Hunting from horseback? Whats there to learn? I've done it. Walk right up to a deer, they arent scared one bit of a horse.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate to admit it but I had to google “saddle hunting”. It doesn’t pertain to my line of work at all.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had to look it up as well. My first thought - shooting from a horse sounds like fun. Now, if there was an electric winch attached to the saddle to get my old ass up the tree, I’d be interested.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does sitting on a 4" diameter limb and hooking your leg around the tree and slowly ease your saddle off the limb and hang on to that limb with the back of your other knee and lean forward and sideways with bow at full dray count.

That is how I got my first deer with a Bow and arrow. My head was about level with my feet.

I tried sideways shooting with another bow that had an overdraw (couple of metal fingers)
My arrow went sideways and stuck a tree right beside a deer that I was aiming at.
The deer stood there looked at me and then the arrow in the tree and then at me again and ran off into the woods thinking to herself.. That thing almost hit me.

Swing and a miss.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The saddle you hunt from can be put on any old horse.
Horses really like loud unexpected noises.
That's sarcasm, right?
~Signed, Sheldon Cooper

upload_2020-3-7_11-0-34.png

Latest posts

Top Bottom