Safe recommendations ??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camach

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they will outfit the interior however you want.

I'll have to give them a call back and find out. Along with seeing if their safes have electrical access holes.

As of right now I decided against the Amsec at the moment because I can't find any of the lower series in stock around the metro.
The two on my list include:

Liberty Franklin FR25:
$1,840, delivered/installed (not including tax)
I like how it already includes lights, door organizer, outlet kit, and a dehumidifier.
Though I feel like Bear's safes are much beefier.

Bear B7230:
$2,425, delivered/installed and including tax.
I'll have to look into the door organizer and if it has an electrical access hole.
That price is a bit more than I was looking to spend so I could see myself either picking up the B6024 and upgrading later or just waiting until I have enough money for the B7230.

Choices, choices, choices.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you look at H&H? They were discontinuing their lower lines of Amsec and had all their SF series on sale. They had several to choose from but it was about a month since I've been there to look.

Amsec or Liberty would be my choices.

Camach

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did you look at H&H? They were discontinuing their lower lines of Amsec and had all their SF series on sale. They had several to choose from but it was about a month since I've been there to look.

Amsec or Liberty would be my choices.

I was in there yesterday and talked with a gentleman. He said they were getting out of stocking Amsec safes and they only had BF and their larger series, both of which were out of my price range and were too large. I only have 30" to work with. (Actually they may have had BF's at 30 inches but they were out of my price range, or so I thought, since now I am possibly considering a Bear safe)

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they didn't have any SF series left on the floor? There were about a dozen the last time I was there but they were getting heavily discounted since they were no longer going to carry them.

I thought you wanted a combo lock? Now you're considering Bear?

Camach

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
So they didn't have any SF series left on the floor? There were about a dozen the last time I was there but they were getting heavily discounted since they were no longer going to carry them.

I thought you wanted a combo lock? Now you're considering Bear?

I'm pretty sure they didn't. Or maybe it was the FV series I asked about.

They may have been the OP that wanted a combo lock... I kind of took over his thread. Sorry. :)

*Edit*
I didn't realize H&H was open until 9pm. I may get back out there this evening.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure they didn't. Or maybe it was the FV series I asked about.

They may have been the OP that wanted a combo lock... I kind of took over his thread. Sorry. :)

*Edit*
I didn't realize H&H was open until 9pm. I may get back out there this evening.
I don't remember them ever carrying an FV series, but you may want to verify they are out of the SF series. They had some great deals on them so they may have been selling quickly, but they did have several. I was actually thinking about picking one up with the prices they had them for, but I think I'm just going to get another BF or have them order an HS.

Camach

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't remember them ever carrying an FV series, but you may want to verify they are out of the SF series. They had some great deals on them so they may have been selling quickly, but they did have several. I was actually thinking about picking one up with the prices they had them for, but I think I'm just going to get another BF or have them order an HS.

Oh they do have SF series left. I'll check them out tonight or tomorrow.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I like multiple safes in lieu of one Huge One. I have a few of the Liberty's that have served me good for many years, all fire proof. Years ago I had the biggest one that Armor Vault builds as well as a HUGE Bear, was building homes and moving into them and it was PURE HELL to move them two BEHEMOTH things, sold them both and went with multiple smaller ones that you don't have to use a winch truck to move them. I recently stopped over on my way to hunt in Arkansas in Tulsa and checked out the safes that are advertised on Arms List all the time, they have some nice fire proof safes and are as reasonable as I have seen, might check them out.

FullAuto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't plan on moving that often so I don't mind paying the expense if/when I do decide to build a new house. So I'll take multiple huge safes. I don't want a lower line safe and I don't want to pay >$4k for a 60x30. If/when I build, I'll build a walk in vault.

Latest posts

Top Bottom