Safe suggestions

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be looking for a new safe here pretty quick. It wont need to be huge but requirements will be to hold at least 8 long guns, and 10 handguns. Even if it means adding one of those back of door racks for the handguns. some kind of magazine storage would be a plus but not necessary.

The biggest thing is that I will have to move it in a couple of years so it needs to be light enough that Myself and a friend or two can move it given proper dollies and time but heavy enough that no one does the old smash and grab and gets my goodies.

What are your guys suggestions? I have looked into american security and love them but they are out of my budget so if you all know of a much more economical close alternitive I would love to hear it.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
If you know you will be moving, check out the Dakota safes. They are sold in Tulsa, and you bolt them together from the inside. Not seamless construction, but for a lower end safe I'm happy with ours. Together it weighs 530 + pounds, but when taken apart, the heaviest part is the door, which weighs 120 pounds. They are around $700 last I checked.

streak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The budget can be up to 1000, but I would like to keep it around the 500 to 600 range. It really depends on whether the end justifies the means in spending the extra cash.

I found THIS one. any thoughts on it?

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
That safe only weighs 250 lbs, 2 men could move that pretty easily. You'd have to bolt it down. Here's another link for that safe.

Here's the Dakota website. We were recommended to the Dakota safe from a member here, and after purchasing one of them, the company has been very helpful taking care of us later too.

If I move up the line in safes, I'll go for an American Security safe. But that'll be a while, and when I have some serious stuff to put in it.

rw1341

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I like Bear safes, made here in OKC. I've got a larger safe but when they moved it they used a dolly and 5 or so pieces of 2" schedule 40 PVC pipe, cut to 30" long. Used the pipe like rollers to get it thru the house.

Latest posts

Top Bottom