Safety 1st in edmond

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was under the impression they had an account or atleast the bullet people did before they opened.

I'll be honest loved heartland when they were open and I did try safety first once it just felt different and cold, the time I went the second range bay appeared to be used as a storage room and was closed that was sort of off putting. I do wish Mitch the best of luck and it's always sad to see a shop in the hobby close. I will say it's a free country I didn't have a good experience or a bad one I just chose to go elsewhere so there's no reason to put them on blast. I did want to do a match but that's on me.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and thanks for registering specifically to come here to defend your business which has just closed... too bad you didn't feel like participating in our established community before this incident, eh? Maybe had you done so, a lot of things might be different.
Mitch has been a member here since the beginning under a different user name ,I'm not sure why he opened a new one under his name,but as someone who has never been to his range but has dealt with him off the board multiple times I can say he is a straight shooter and a stand up guy.

Last edited:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Mitch has been a member here since the beginning under a different user name ,I'm not sure why he opened a new one under his name,but as some who has never been to his range but has dealt with him off the board multiple times I can say he is a straight shooter and a stand up guy.

So then all the people who have said they were not allowed to pick up their own brass are FOS? Because that to me is asshattery. As I have already said. If "Mitch" was such an active guy here, I've never seen it. I won't shed a tear for a business that operated in that manner. And I wouldn't have spent a dime there.

Apparently enough other people felt the same. Free market capitalism speaks, it seems.

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most indoor ranges it hits the floor its theirs. don't like it ? shoot a revolver.
just like a lot of skeet and trap ranges . don't like it shoot an over&under.

Want some clown to walk down range while your shooting to pick up their brass?
Believe me they will do it.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So then all the people who have said they were not allowed to pick up their own brass are FOS? Because that to me is asshattery. As I have already said. If "Mitch" was such an active guy here, I've never seen it. I won't shed a tear for a business that operated in that manner. And I wouldn't have spent a dime there.

Apparently enough other people felt the same. Free market capitalism speaks, it seems.
Like I said I have never been to his range , couldn't say what went on there , just based on my dealings with him he has been straight forward and truthful ,a no bs kinda guy. My point was just he isn't new here

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Most indoor ranges it hits the floor its theirs. don't like it ? shoot a revolver.
just like a lot of skeet and trap ranges . don't like it shoot an over&under.

Want some clown to walk down range while your shooting to pick up their brass?
Believe me they will do it.

I don't know about "most" ... but I do know that Big Boys Range let's you pick up your brass. I've even had the RO's there sweep it up and ask me if I was gonna save it.

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know about "most" ... but I do know that Big Boys Range let's you pick up your brass. I've even had the RO's there sweep it up and ask me if I was gonna save it.

Wilshire let me use my brass pickup roller. At the check-in desk, I asked if I could use the roller to pickup my brass, and the guy said "because you asked, yes". It sure made it easy to retrieve my brass. I did not abuse the permission by "sweeping-up" other brass in hope that I can use it again in the future.

magna19

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never shot at an indoor. I would think a public indoor pistol range would have the access in front of the firing line blocked to keep people from entering the danger zone picking up brass.

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

Looks like you've found a range you can enjoy shooting at and pick up your brass too. I've only shot there once and it was nice. They also have military discounts. BDC in Shawnee is also very nice although I'm not aware of their brass pick up policy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pstmstr

AKA Michael Cox. Back by popular demand.
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score

I doubt that had anything to do with the already high lease being increased by 50% but if it makes you guys feel more manly complaining about it here in the forum, go for it. Maybe one of these days someone will actually post something worthwhile. If it wasn't for the classifieds, I'd be gone already. It sure seems like some of the same people are badazz keyboard commandos with nothing of any substance to discuss.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom