Saiga 12 or Mossberg 590?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BulkAmmo

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would lean towards the Saiga. If for no other reason than the options for it are endless. You could go full bore and get a Tromix conversion (amazing work btw) or so some changes slowly.

My only complaint with the Saiga is the magazines. They seem unnecessarily expensive. I'm still torn over getting a traditional autoloading shotgun vs the magazine feed saiga. I'm just not sure that the magazine offers me any benefits over the tube feed. I'll probably just stop making the small grey stuff hurt and get both.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Saiga is awesome. It is ammunition sensitive, but that is limited to the low-brass category. It isn't a bird gun; the barrel is 19". If you shoot high-brass shells, you'll have a dream machine on your hands. Although, it is worth dealing with a few failures to eject just to burn through a 100 pack of cheap shotshells.
:gun1::gun1:

win70chris

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 590 Mariner that I have had for sale for weeks and no one wants it. I got a Saiga 12 and some 20rd drums coming next week so I am hoping one of the lookers will step up. The 590 is a great gun for sure.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dan @ freedom pawn has a 590 in the rack for $279 I think. has a maverick 88 short barrel for $150 also...everyone needs a short barrel shotty.

Wizard

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The mossberg 590 A1 is my home defense shotgun

ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Image000_3.jpg

ai251.photobucket.com_albums_gg289_ozzman4790_Mobile_20Uploads_Image002_1.jpg

Howd u get a heat shield on a 590A1? My understanding was the bbl was to fat to get one on it.

Daryl Licht

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 500 is usually easier to find and less spendy. I put a Hogue stock and foreend on mine and don't feel underarmed with it in the least.

Is there some reason nobody has mentioned the 930 Mossy?

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The 500 is usually easier to find and less spendy. I put a Hogue stock and foreend on mine and don't feel underarmed with it in the least.

Is there some reason nobody has mentioned the 930 Mossy?

I thought the 930 series had some rare issues with a plastic bushing cracking when impacted during bolt cycling, causing an immediate need for repair.

Latest posts

Top Bottom