Saline solution

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SomeCallMeMom

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hubby got a scratch yesterday between the thumb & index finger. It wasn't deep so I asked him if I could "experiment". I put some saline on it & he said it stung "a little". His pain tolerance on a scale of 1-10 is about a 2, so I'd say that it doesn't hurt. The "New Skin" liquid bandage I put on it afterwards... well, that's a different story!

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
nu skin stings like that old bactine stuff that used to get sprayed on scraped knees when I was a kid LOL

about 20 years ago when my daughter was just about a year old she got a horrible diaper rash and had a big sore on her butt where she had chaffed (she was an early walker) anyway she was miserable and desitin wasn't cutting it, I called my granny and asked her what else I could do, she said get about a tablespoon of salt and dissolve it in a glass of water, I couldn't believe my ears when she said this I was all WHAT! NO! that will burn her! Then my granny shamed me into submission by reminding me none to gently that she would never tell me to do anything that would hurt 'that baby' so I did what I was told and put a towel under her got a washcloth and wrung out the salt water over the sore, When I am telling you all that it was literally healing before my eyes I swear on my daughter that is the truth. I've been a believer ever since and I didn't doubt my grannys remedies after that either ;-)

edited to add the water was warm.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use salt dissolved in the warmest water I can stand to rinse out my sinuses after a day on the tractor, but I normally use plain ol' Morten's Iodized Salt mixed in tap water. It's amazing how much black oily gunk you inhale while in the saddle of a 60+ year old tractor.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use salt dissolved in the warmest water I can stand to rinse out my sinuses after a day on the tractor, but I normally use plain ol' Morten's Iodized Salt mixed in tap water. It's amazing how much black oily gunk you inhale while in the saddle of a 60+ year old tractor.

The Netty pot is your friend. No home should be without.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

Be careful doing this with tap water, it's rare but there have been cases of people developing Naegleria fowleri infections by rinsing their sinuses.

Latest posts

Top Bottom