1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Savage/Springfield model 67E .410 bore pump shotgun

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing & Repairs' started by neokshooter, Feb 2, 2021.

1. neokshooter

neokshooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    I have an old Springfield 67E .410 pump shotgun I am trying to get repaired. The problem is that the magazine will not hold the shells. When you push a shell into the magazine it just pops right back out. The gun is in otherwise good condition. I have never fired this gun because shortly after buying it I discovered this problem. It is currently sitting in a gunsmiths shop where I took it to be repaired. I also asked the gunsmith to hot blue the gun. The gunsmith has always been very reliable, very reasonable on price and does increadibly good work. The problem is he has had this gun since the 11th of November last year. He just always says I haven't got to it yet. Any suggestions as to where I could take this gun to get it fixed? I live in the northeast corner of the state and I'd like someone close by but I'm open to suggestions.
    67E.jpg

Last edited: Feb 2, 2021
    D. Hargrove likes this.
  2. Sted-E Ed-E

Sted-E Ed-E Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I imagine it’s just a bent/broken shell stop. I’m not familiar with that exact model but it’s an easy part to replace on most pumps I’ve taken apart.

D. Hargrove and neokshooter like this.
  3. neokshooter

neokshooter Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Soooo it sounds like you're saying I just need to do a little parts hunting and I could fix it myself.

Sted-E Ed-E likes this.
  4. D. Hargrove

D. Hargrove Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
  5. Sted-E Ed-E

Sted-E Ed-E Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Hopefully! Finding the parts may very well be the difficult part. On a mossberg for instance the shell stop will literally fall out after you remove trigger group.
    Im sure this is good advice as well though. I just know the guns I own, so take it with a grain of salt lol

D. Hargrove likes this.
  6. SPDguns

SPDguns Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    It's a probably a timing issue with he shell latch (AKA cartridge stop), lifter, or slide stop or any combination of the three. I just worked on one last week that belongs to a customer of mine. These aren't the most reliable guns on the planet.

neokshooter, D. Hargrove and DRC458 like this.