Savage/Stevens - Click-Clacks / Gill-guns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Over the last few months I have shared the work I have put into reviving my collection of Savage 6a/Stevens 87a rifles. While it is obvious where the nick name of Gill-gun comes from (look at my avatar), most don't know about the second nick name they have. These have a very distinct action that can only be appreciated by seeing and hearing them fire. I realize that many members may have never seen one in person, much less been able to fire one. Since I can't take everyone in OSA to the range, here is the next best thing. I found this short video on Youtube that captures the unique way these rifles function and if you listen, you will quickly figure out why they got the nickname of Click-Clacks....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_oDVqKDhfg

Please note: I had nothing to do with this video. I only found it while searching youtube and thought I would share.

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yep, it is very interesting. I like those click-clack guns too! I had one but it was stolen long ago by some sorry, low life, scum bag, motherless, ...

Sent from my iPhone

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey Catt57 where are you getting your replacement parts?

At first I was getting what I could from Numrich or eBay. Then I stumbled across a basket case Sears 101.16 (same as the Savage 6a) that was everything but the receiver, barrel, and stock. Think I paid all of $30 for it all. If I managed to find those 3 parts I could build another one. I have also collected extra firing pins, springs, bolts, and hammers when I found them for cheap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom