SBR Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Okay, so I started my trust yesterday with plans on sending in the paperwork for my scorpion. I have thought of a few things and have a question.

If I do an SBR Form 1 on an AR, and put a 10.5" upper on it, can I put my 16" upper on it and be within the law? Use the same lower (the registered sbr lower) for the 10.5" AND the 16"?

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As I understand it, you can list the shortest length you want and change uppers at any time without any notification to BATFE as long as it can be reconfigured back to what the form 1 says. If you decide to make the change permanent, you are supposed to send a letter of notification to BATFE.

TSQUARE

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Awesome. I'm just considering it because I would keep the same barrel therfore the same length, but possibly change hand guards or other similar things

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As long as you make it first with the barrel length you stated on the form it doesn't matter what you do after that. No need to file any changes or have the original upper held back.

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As I understand it, you can list the shortest length you want and change uppers at any time without any notification to BATFE as long as it can be reconfigured back to what the form 1 says. If you decide to make the change permanent, you are supposed to send a letter of notification to BATFE.

Are you certain this is the case or can anyone else confirm this is true?

I have a 300blk SBR and would like to change it to a .22lr SBR and would probably do it if I only have to send a letter of notification.

Latest posts

Top Bottom