SBR Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you certain this is the case or can anyone else confirm this is true?

I have a 300blk SBR and would like to change it to a .22lr SBR and would probably do it if I only have to send a letter of notification.

The Form 1 is an application to make an NFA weapon. It is not a form to show all possible lengths, calibers or current configuration. Once you initially made your SBR in the caliber/length that you specified on the Form 1, you may change it all you want. You do not have to have permission for other calibers/lengths. ATF requests that you notify them of any permanent changes, but it is not required.

pistolpete2002

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Form 1 is an application to make an NFA weapon. It is not a form to show all possible lengths, calibers or current configuration. Once you initially made your SBR in the caliber/length that you specified on the Form 1, you may change it all you want. You do not have to have permission for other calibers/lengths. ATF requests that you notify them of any permanent changes, but it is not required.

Thanks! I didn't clarify my actual intent above. I want to sell my 300blk upper that my lower is registered for and switch to a .22lr SBR upper.

Do I have to keep possession of the 300blk upper?

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a guy with a 5.56 AR SBR, I would do the Scorpion first. Other than the cool factor, you gain nothing going from 16" to 10.5" on an AR.

Or both. Or at least get your AR SBR eform in before you get your first one back. You'll have 3 months or so and they will run it as a batch. So both...

Latest posts

Top Bottom