Scammer alert

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GeneW

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One problem is the scummy spammy scammers just go to the internet and grab a photo and use it
to try to sell, I mean scam, people. That's a huge problem.

Here's a solution:

If you are a ham radio operator you probably go to QRZ dot com to sell something.

QRZ dot com REQUIRES you to put a piece of paper, a note, with your amateur radio call sign in
the pic. If you don't do that, your ad gets nuked from orbit asap. gone, kaput, finished.

Maybe OK Shooters should make it a requirement, in order to sell something, you need to make a little
note or sign to put in the pic with the item. This note would have to include your screen name, todays date, etc
, and say maybe "For Sale Here On OK Shooters". In other words, it has to be a pic the seller took.

This won't eliminate all scammers, but it will be a huge help.

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Rifleman, I should have done it but I made the pic go away before I could. I think this is important,so can you repost the pic of the text message and edit or blur out the curse words using photo edit? I was trying to do it but hit the wrong button!
It shows the level of crap we have to put up with by people that are trying to scam us out of our hard earned money.
Thanks

Latest posts

Top Bottom