Scanners

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just got back into scanning. Wow what a learning curve this new world of scanning has. I got a uniden 536hp and it took several months to get my head around all the new stuff. Thankfully you tube is a big help. I got the upgrade for provoice so i could listen to okc. The radio reference forums helped me a lot to figure stuff out. If you just want to listen at home the live feeds on RR are pretty good. They are on broadcastify and have pretty good coverage. I go online to listen to air traffic control sometimes in Dallas and Atlanta.

I just ordered one. Any tips to share.

Raptor62

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just ordered one. Any tips to share.
Zip code is a broad stroke you get more than you want to hear.
Download sentinel from uniden and start figuring out favorite lists.
It works like the old banks format.
I have okcfd in one okcpd in another an on. You assign quick keys and turn the lists on and off.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

p238shooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The most reliable source for Ham Radio repeaters in Oklahoma is ORSI. Search for Oklahoma Repeater Society Inc. They are the coordinator for who uses what ham radio frequencies in what areas. You can select an area and see what is licensed in your area.

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a general license and am familiar with the repeaters. I will be programming some of them into the scanner as well as PD and Fire. During emergencies it is also good to listen into the state EOC at 145.10.

Latest posts

Top Bottom