Scattergun Tech TR870 ... round in chamber or not?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Do you carry an Remington 870 with round in chamber or not?

• trust my safety and always carry 870 with round in chamber

Votes: 43 55.8%
  • don't trust safeties and never carry 870 with round in chamber

Votes: 34 44.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My HD 870 is hammer down on an empty chamber, safety off, magazine full.

You have just limited yourself to being one round short in a firefight with that ill concieved decision.
For the record, I don't have kids at home. So take this out of the discussion.
So with that, keep the "rack the slide" home defense reasons coming.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have just limited yourself to being one round short in a firefight with that ill concieved decision.
For the record, I don't have kids at home. So take this out of the discussion.
So with that, keep the "rack the slide" home defense reasons coming.

Did you read my reasoning Dennis?

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then you can make the evening news and deal with the possible arrest,criminal charges and most likely a wrongful death suit,which you might win but will cost you thousands.Also,you might want to keep Bill Coye's number handy to clean up the giant mess of brains,blood and tissue you just made all over your walls and floor..

There are laws to defend us against such prosecution. It won't cost me a dime. I too will notify the police, hopefully before any nasty little things happen. I must admit, at one point in my life I would have remained 100% defensive, and hoped for the best while waiting for LEO's.

Do you remember that shooting un MWC a couple months ago, where 2 BG's break into a house and it was occupied by a lady and her 2 young children? and then she shot and killed 1 and wounded the other? Well it has been costing them tons of money, not for legal things, but for all the BS that goes along with even a self defense shooting. And I know for a fact what is going on, because I have spoken to the wife and her husband personally, actually the family came out to eat with us, when the OKC people had breakfast on Christmas Eve.

Dr_Mitch

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Chambered. Waking up isn't easy on the senses, no point in making things difficult at THE worst time.

Also, you should throw a clamp on that mag extension. It's hanging down, misaligned from the barrel.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't do it for the "noise scare", I do it because I'm quicker and more certain of my 870's readiness with it safety off, hammer down.

How could one be quicker on the trigger with an unloaded chamber vs a loaded chamber?

/

Also, with my house/land layout and other factors, if someone gets that far in my house without me being aware of it, I'm in trouble. I'm not aware of that situation, so will have to give that as a variable in the ongoing discussion.
That slide will probably be racked before they are on the same level of the house as I am, and before they can hear it anyways.If you were deep in sleep how could that happen? If they make it into my locked bedroomWe don't keep our bedroom locked. No reason why not, but its just not. with a loaded gun pointed at me and I'm still sleeping, it's not going to matter much.

Defense handguns are always chamber loaded.
Flame suit on.

Why not the shottys?

redmax51

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
BTW,for the record,my shotgun is in my safe.My duty gun,Glock 17,or my CC gun(on days off),Glock 26,and my 200 lumens Surefire are my first response tools.

Latest posts

Top Bottom