Scavenging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
In a shtf situation, you do what you have to do to survive. Most people are going to abandon their homes in favor of greener pastures so why not pick up what I want or need if its just sitting there un-used.

Because there are worse things in this world than being shot? I've got two trucks right now that are un-used. Is it okay for someone to steal them? Moral relativism will get you dead. If you don't own it then it isn't yours. Pretty clear. Prepare for you and yours and the issue is moot.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Because there are worse things in this world than being shot? I've got two trucks right now that are un-used. Is it okay for someone to steal them? Moral relativism will get you dead. If you don't own it then it isn't yours. Pretty clear. Prepare for you and yours and the issue is moot.

It's not stealing if they are abandoned. In fact in the absence of law, ownership is who has or can take possession of anything.

I'd argue that morals will get you dead faster.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know most of the "prepper" conversations are what if issues. I understand it is largely make believe at this point.

That said, and I only hope one person takes it to heart.

Take care of you and your family. People who are not able to fend for themselves post issues are scrrewed. Defend what's yours but don't turn into something you're not as a plan.

J.T.

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So? Big deal. You stood for nothing, accomplished nothing. I'll die instead.

Survivalism is for the birds, I want to live. Drink all the piss you want, steal my food when I die. Know I'd rip your heart out if had a breath in my body.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
So? Big deal. You stood for nothing, accomplished nothing. I'll die instead.

Survivalism is for the birds, I want to live. Drink all the piss you want, steal my food when I die. Know I'd rip your heart out if had a breath in my body.

Listen to yourself. What does "standing for something or accomplishing something" have to do with anything? You dont get brownie points for not living. If you aint gonna try to live because shtf, then why do you prep? Why not sleep in a coffin?

Maybe in your shtf scenario mean ugly people don't exist. So you go on trusting your neighbor and live by the "do right" moral thing. Just remember, I could be anyone.

Sunshine7388

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You completely missed my point J.T. I said abandoned and un-used. I wasnt saying I was gonna raid some families home while they were there and take what I wanted.

In a shtf situation I will most likely end up doing things I would not do these days. I have to make sure my child is provided for so I am not ruling out scavenging from other peoples *ABANDONED* homes.

Defending whats yours only lasts as long as your preps do. Eventually you will run out and you will have to scavenge somehow and somewhere.

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I will be the one that sets you up to capture you and take all your goodies.

Leave some stuff, good stuff, out so you think "I will come get that tonight", then when you show up, I light you up and take all your stuff. Maybe even sell you as a slave (if youre worth anything).

Stay clear of my stuff.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I will be the one that sets you up to capture you and take all your goodies.

Leave some stuff, good stuff, out so you think "I will come get that tonight", then when you show up, I light you up and take all your stuff. Maybe even sell you as a slave (if youre worth anything).

Stay clear of my stuff.

I like this plan.

Latest posts

Top Bottom