Scavenging

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At the beginning, the cities will be in chaos. The animals will be looting (what the big screen tv is going to do) and violence rampant. Most will bug in, not sure of what is happening or why.
No power, communication, information.
Days, weeks, months later; is when the scavenging and refugees will be more prevalent. At this point, the population will have been drastically reduced, also.
Being miles from a major urban center, having land, livestock, crops, preps and a group of well armed, like minded family and friends; we can survive a year or more without leaving. Biggest problem will be marauders. Any sign of hostilities will be met with force immediately. Friendlies / refugees dealt with on individual basis, help or not and sent on their way. Newcomers may be brought in, but rarely. (know that OSA password)

A major storm or catastrophic event is very possible. The possibility of bugging in for several weeks is manageable to us. Cities will have problems. Total collapse, though possible, much less likely.

I got rifle, a shotgun and a 4 wheel drive.
I can run a trotline.
A country boy can survive.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
What is this Sunshine of which you speak?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Like all of the Bartertown ladies its a rouse/ruse/ruze...whatever...BB appears to be a nice lady with cookies, Sunshine with her smile, SCMM with her baby n lil horse avitar, subprep...ain't met her yet but all these Bartertown women come across as nice...but ya don't wanna cross them. Just move on and avoid the area.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Like all of the Bartertown ladies its a rouse/ruse/ruze...whatever...BB appears to be a nice lady with cookies, Sunshine with her smile, SCMM with her baby n lil horse avitar, subprep...ain't met her yet but all these Bartertown women come across as nice...but ya don't wanna cross them. Just move on and avoid the area.

Probably good advice. Me ponder...okay; have pondered long enough; good plan.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

120 Acres

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What.

Was.

In.

That.

Cookie?

www.greaterspirit.com_wp_content_uploads_2011_05_Crawling_thirsty_dry.jpg

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think in a real SHTF situation there will be much scavenging after the first couple of weeks. Those that did not plan ahead will be everywhere trying to find anything and unless it is hidden or something that not everyone knows about then you might get lucky. Like going through desks of an abandoned office building looking for a desk drawer that might have a can of soup in it. (You are welcome)

subprep

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I'm nice, until I'm not nice, and I'm only ever not nice when someone is not nice to me. I don't suscribe to the 'don't stoop to their level' crap mantra. I'll go where ever I need to so I don't get killed.

Latest posts

Top Bottom