School me on plate carriers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IFAK- individual first aid kit. I have a couple of them, but the one on my harness is just a dual m4 mag pouch by Eagle that has a quik clot gauze bandage and compression dressing in it. It is low profile enough that it doesnt get in the way. My harness mounted TQ is sandwiched between two more m4 mag pouches along my centerline.

J.T.- ETADIK
Just in case you dont understand my reply, here you go. Just remember i love you little brother.

So you have to reach ifak with both hands?

From my sniper hide

Last edited by a moderator:

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The idea behind that is so you can still reach it if one of your arms is incapacitated or missing, or if it is blocked by an obstacle. Its just a bare bones kit that would be needed immediately and doesnt take up much space or get in the way of your ammo. A larger kit can be worn somewhere more convenient like on the belt behind your secondary weapon or behind the mags for that weapon on the other side if you decided it was needed.

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Would a thigh rig work for the side arm? Or keep it on the belt.

From my sniper hide

Personally, I hate them. I will use a 2 Universal Belt Loop drop plate with my belt to clear my plate carrier. It is held against my leg with the elastic strap from a broken drop leg setup. Here is a good breakdown on what I use.
http://www.itstactical.com/gear/secure-your-safariland-6004-for-mid-ride/

I use a different holster but the setup is identical. In order to decide for yourself you have to try them out. Same thing as the plate carrier shake down. Put it on and do all the stuff you plan on doing with it on. What works for you will become apparent pretty quick.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Personally, I hate them. I will use a 2 Universal Belt Loop drop plate with my belt to clear my plate carrier. It is held against my leg with the elastic strap from a broken drop leg setup. Here is a good breakdown on what I use.
http://www.itstactical.com/gear/secure-your-safariland-6004-for-mid-ride/

I use a different holster but the setup is identical. In order to decide for yourself you have to try them out. Same thing as the plate carrier shake down. Put it on and do all the stuff you plan on doing with it on. What works for you will become apparent pretty quick.
I like that, and I found some good stuff on the SOE site, like a belt and pistol mag pouch

From my sniper hide

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know what class you're taking, but I doubt there would be any real need for 7 AR mags and 6 pistol mags on you at any time.

I've got a belt and a couple pouches from them. I like their stuff. It's very well made kit.

Badlands Advanced Carbine, recommends 5 Ar mags and 3 pistol mags.....but what's a "normal" loadout?

From my sniper hide

Hump66

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd take that as 4 on the rig, 1 in the gun for AR, and 2 on your rig and 1 in the gun on the pistola. There is no normal loadout. I was just trying to give you ideas and things to think about based on my experiences.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BDS is John's ex wife. All they do is steal designs from other manufactors. Their gear is not the best quality either.
As far as John himself, don't buy anything that is not in stock or you will never see it!. Guys are waiting 6-12 months on prepaid gear. Some never see it. His comms are poor at best.
And now after James Yeager took him over and moved him from SD to TN. There is no more one off custom gear either!!!
Look a tactical response gear for in stock OSOE gear.
To bad for all the coronado boys that relied on his gear for the last decade or more!
Stick with Eagle, Paraclete, Battlelab, TT, etc if TR doenst have the OSOE gear you want in stock.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=158538

Lots of bad reviews on Calguns for BDS, I would avoid them....

Latest posts

Top Bottom