School me on plate carriers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do like the Shellback Banshee....thoughts?

and what holster would yall recommend?? I will use my M&P Pro

I picked up a bunch of Safariland ALS at the Outdoor America auction. I'll see if anything fits your pistol. I do think that most of the holsters are light bearing though.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CD this was in 2009 ... any recent issues?
Seems like there is just some pouty bitching going on over a divorce that spilled over into their professional lives?

They may not be creative but why reinvent the wheel?

For what its worth, i found some comments from 2013.

Quote insterded below is from here

10-16-13, 11:51
Do not support BDS. They are blatant copies of SOE and shittier made.

I have reached out to Endur via PM, but not received a reply... So as to follow the forum rules, I will clearly state that I am the Director of Sales and Product Management for BDS Tactical Gear and NOT trying to sell anything on this forum.

I am NOT here to debate the opinions of those who claim to have had bad experiences with BDS Tactical. I am also not here to discuss the history of BDS Tactical and OSOE Gear.

I AM here to answer any questions that the membership may have about BDS Tactical Gear, our products, our production methods, lead times, etc.

BDS Tactical Gear has gone through ALOT of changes since the company was purchased from John Willis' ex-wife. More than 80% of the products we sell have been completely redesigned since then using the experiences of the current owner (Mike Bornfriend) and the other management staff (all of which are US Marines).

We build everything in Oceanside, CA using only the best parts and materials available. All items are "Built on Demand" which can create lead times from 3 days to 6 weeks for a standard production order.
We are currently meeting the stated lead times for all products being shipped, but occasionally in the past lead times have been extended considerably.

Our gear is sold in Marine Corp. exchanges and Army/Airforce exchanges world wide as well as being directly to government agencies to include the US State Department, FBI, DHS, Border Patrol, etc. So, obviously we must be doing something right...

I can be reached through this forum or via email or phone at ANY time to assist the membership of this community with any issues or concerns they may have.

Last edited:

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yes, a divorce spilled over into the tactical gear world is what the drama comes down to. That being said, reading reviews says they are okay or meh(quality is hit or miss depending on what you buy). They will do the job if you don't plan on deploying(or trusting your life with it); i.e. range shooting with something that can hold extra stuff. This is just my understanding from researching them in the past, so to your question, no....I don't know a whole lot about them these days. I passed on them when I looked at them in in the past. YMMV

a 2009 calguns post:
BDS Tactical of Oceanside, CA are, in my book, nothing less than crooks ! More than 5 weeks ago they charged my credit card for a product they failed to deliver. Upon the charging of my CC they sent me an e-mail saying they had to charge my card immediately because, in essence, I couldn't be trusted. In the meantime the e-mail continues to say that due to volume orders it would be 2-3 weeks BEFORE they would ship my order !

After 3 weeks elapses I send e-mails to them inquiring of the status of my order. Although they say on their website that an e-mail inquiry will be replied to within 24 hours, nothing of the sort happens. Sending them numerous e-mails resulted in NO REPLIES ! Numerous phone calls resulted in one reply where the "employee" told me (this is 4 weeks AFTER they debited my CC) "oh, there was a mistake on that order. I'll get it out today." Well, nothing of the sort occurred. More than 10 days later no product. But, hey....I can't be trusted. In the meantime they've got my money and my product.

Finally, yesterday, I call once more and I leave a mean, nasty message. Lo and behold someone actually returns the call. Instead of apologizing the bandit from BDS Tactical makes excuses. I tell the bandit....return my money. He acts as though HE is insulted. Once again I tell him to return my money via my CC. I still don't have my money returned. In the meantime I've filed a complaint with VISA and will follow up with a complaint to my state attorney general's office's Consumer Protection department.

ANY vendor that debits your credit card before they send out the product are far from reputable. There is no reason to debit a card and not send out the product within 24 hours of the debit/charge on the card. BDS Tactical is one of those unscrupulous Internet vendors who does just that. Takes your money and then doesn't send the product. Sounds like theft to me.

BDS Tactical ? They're crooks in my book. Like I told the bandit from BDS Tactical: "you're not the only game in town !"

In closing....my advice to anyone reading this: " Don't buy from BDS Tactical." Learn from my mistake with BDS Tactical of Oceanside, CA....money lost, time wasted, frustrations unwarranted.

BDS Tactical....they're CROOKS !

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
^^^ interesting story. Ive been looking at their web page and realize that nothing would be shipped before two weeks. It seems that they make their product within two weeks. With high volume i could understand that i might take longer. I also think that charging the CC is fine. You also pay for you fast food before you get it. Seems like a way to avoid having customers make orders and then back out once the order is finished.
Anyways, that dude had a bad experience with them. Im sure there is someone that had a bad experience with John at OSOE.
In regard to me, no I am not going to be deployed. I am very likely NOT going to wear such gear professionally. So, I think i will keep them on my "maybe" list. They are having a great sale that ends today! 20-40% off

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, if you just want something with webbing to attach extra gear to, you'll probably find it more than suitable(especially for the price). I know guys that knock condor stuff as well, but I have a couple of their pouches on my daily and camping packs that have held up just fine.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, if you just want something with webbing to attach extra gear to, you'll probably find it more than suitable(especially for the price). I know guys that knock condor stuff as well, but I have a couple of their pouches on my daily and camping packs that have held up just fine.
Oh yea their pouches look good and make my wallet feel good as well.

Tangent- does/would anyone be willing to let me try on a vest/pc? If yall have an extra or 2

From my sniper hide

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Oh yea their pouches look good and make my wallet feel good as well.

Tangent- does/would anyone be willing to let me try on a vest/pc? If yall have an extra or 2

From my sniper hide

I have an Army-issued one (non-IOTV), a Condor (IOTV-style), and the SKD Pig you can try on. Only have one set of plates though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom