Scope covers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't like the butler creek covers. I've lost about every one of them over the years on the objective while walking through the woods. The cheap factory covers with the elastic to hold them in place works better for me.
What kind of cheap factory covers u got? I have a half a dozen scopes and not a cover came with any of them, just a body bag. Yea, I'm a cheap ass for add-ons, but I would have bit had the salesperson said that they had brand specific.
I hate a dirty lense and just ordered a handful of Butler Creek from amazon just today. I used calipers and their BS sizing guide. A couple sizes were not "ezact" and if they don't fit I'll take some electrical tape and put a small band around (hate the effing sticky residue tho).
I thought about the neoprene bikini top, but I'll loose the damn thing unless it's tied around my neck. Then snot rag or t shirt would have to do.
There's got to be a better way.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What kind of cheap factory covers u got? I have a half a dozen scopes and not a cover came with any of them, just a body bag. Yea, I'm a cheap ass for add-ons, but I would have bit had the salesperson said that they had brand specific.
I hate a dirty lense and just ordered a handful of Butler Creek from amazon just today. I used calipers and their BS sizing guide. A couple sizes were not "ezact" and if they don't fit I'll take some electrical tape and put a small band around (hate the effing sticky residue tho).
I thought about the neoprene bikini top, but I'll loose the damn thing unless it's tied around my neck. Then snot rag or t shirt would have to do.
There's got to be a better way.

77f781f6447221c04e527bf623a34a6f.jpg

These work for me.
I've got butlers laying all over the woods.
The only time I use scope covers is during a rain/snow event while out in it, going to or from the range, or in the safe.
After watching myself and others fumble around trying to get them open for a snap shot when you only have a second or two to aim and shoot when hunting, I've left them in the backpack or at home.
The only way to properly fit them is to take the scope your going to use, and start opening boxes. Their size guide sucks. Fortunately I got a great counter guy at bass pro once that was actually helpful. I was trying to get some butlers for a Nikon Monarch, and he looked up the part number, saying it wasn't going to fit anyway, but we did, and he was right it basically just fell off the tube.
So, we started looking and opening, until finding a set that fit really tight.
Good luck.

Last edited:

chadh2o

Gunslinger
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I inherited a set of those on a rifle I purchased a while back. They do their job, just finding them in the brush is difficult. I have sling shot them in a hurry and had a "oh sheet" moment, then loose what I WAS looking to shoot and looking for the caps instead, lolol.
I'd take a couple of extra sets, but haven't found any that are agreeable. I even thought of taking the caps off a set of cheap binoculars and stringing them together.
It's the little things that piss me off. Probably should work on sight picture rather than what covers the sight.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use some of those. I did buy the ones from Vortex for my expensive Vortex. They fit very snug and lock pretty tight.

Latest posts

Top Bottom