Scope decision for Savage 10FCP-K

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have little to no experience with scopes. I always used iron sights when I was in the Marine Corps. I bought a Weatherby Vanguard with a Bushnell Elite 3x9 for my son and I just picked up my Savage 10FCP-K for myself yesterday. I don't see myself going beyond 500 at all. This rifle will be for an occasional deer hunt and some practice with my PD's Tac Team. Here is what I have been looking at so far:

Millet TRS-1 4-16x 50
Weaver Tactical Grand Slam 3-10x 40
Burris Fullfield II 4.5-14x 42
SWFA SS 6x42
SWFA SS 10x42

Looking for anybody has first hand knowledge with the above scopes.

Also since my range will be probably 500 or less will I need a 20 MOA base?

MoBoost

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have 4.5-14x42 Burris with ballistic reticle on my 10FP - very great field scope and I would recommend it.
Great glass, great warranty, I really like that there is no magnification ring is the whole bell.
DNZ medium mount makes a perfect fit.

i46.tinypic.com_2jebqww.jpg

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used a 10x SS non-HD pretty extensively. For 300, it is pretty tough to beat. The glass is good and the scope itself is solid. My model was the MOA/MOA, but since they came out with the MIL/MIL, I don't see how you could go wrong with it.

romanleader

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been testing out the TRS iilum mil, so far it's been good. I have both a SS16X and a TRS, I cannot see a difference
between those two, glass wise.

The Weaver EDMR mil/mil is another option, since you said Weaver http://swfa.com/Weaver-3-15x50-Tactical-30mm-Rifle-Scope-P49448.aspx

Next to those I would go Vortex, then of course bigger money options if you choose.

For sure put a 20moa base on, if it is a purchase must, no reason to waste money on a 0moa base IMO.

338Shooter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you buy a scope with 50moa of elevation a 20 moa base may restrict your 100 yard zero. I would get a Viper PST 4-16 for this rifle. With a good 30mm scope, no reason not to go with 20moa base.

cowzrul

Distinguished 1998
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well I appreciate all the advice. I went ahead and placed an order for the SWFA SS 6x42 sitting on the TPS 0 MOA mount and TPS Low Rings.

Latest posts

Top Bottom