Scope sighting advice for my .308??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creekhawg

Marksman
Reaction score
Have a Remmy 700 SPS Tactical and the dealer sold me a one piece base with medium rings. Just got in my Bushnell 5x15 and it's shooting low but have the scope adjusted up as much as possible. Base is a type of picatinny rail it looks like and am wondering if switching to a Leupold base with low rings would solve the problem? I don't have much experience with this and would appreciate some input. Thanks!

ExSniper

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a problem if you have the scope adjusted all the way up and it is still shooting low. What type of rail is it? Who mounted it? I have seen folks mount an angled picatinny rail backwards. Or it could be a rifle problem. Check all of the action screws to make sure they are tight.

creekhawg

Marksman
Reaction score
It was the base. Way too high for the SPS, picked up a two piece set tonight, remounted the scope (new Bushnell Legend 5x15 mildot) and shot the xring out @ 100 yds after dialing in 4 shots. Didn't think it looked right but took the gunshop guy's advice. Now it's shooting like it's supposed to!