Screwing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can't believe the way people want to screw you on shipping, I ordered some parts to convert my p226 to da/sa from TopGun Supply and they charged me $9.95 for a small flat rate box that costs $5.80. Then I wanted to purchase a grip for the gun at Hogue, and they want to charge $10.54 to ship some grips. I encourage everyone to not pay that for shipping..

You could always drive down to your local shop and avoid those shipping charges all together. Then you only have to worry about the cost of your time, fuel and sales tax.

Westsidebob

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, life is good, but this is still a little aggravating. Boxing and shipping costs are a cost of business and should be factored into the price.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
God forbid you have to pay an extra five dollars shipping. If it gets too much higher, you may have to patronize your local store..and then.... OH NO, you will have to pay sales tax!!

My oh my, there is just no winning in this world. It sucks that we have to pay for things.

OH, your product you are buying will just magically jump into the box, tape itself up, print and pay for its own label, jump into the mail truck on its own, and arrive at your door.

It may cost 5.86 for a flat rate box, but if you add adult signature, it's an extra 5 bucks. Then, if it is an item thats worth money, you have to insure it.

But no, you didnt think of those little details.

we consumers just expect sellers to ship it, no sig required, not insured.

THEN, when someone steals it off your front porch, you ***** and want your money back, which the seller always gives. But then we are screwed, because we wanted to save you 5 bucks.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, life is good, but this is still a little aggravating. Boxing and shipping costs are a cost of business and should be factored into the price.
Sent from my RM-820_nam_att_100 using Board Express

LMAO, obvious you have never ran your own business before.

In addition, if I were you, I would not ever consider starting one either.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Adult signature doesn't mean anything other an extra charge. FedEx left an SBR that I shipped off for repair on my front porch one day.

jcizzle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LMAO, obvious you have never ran your own business before.

In addition, if I were you, I would not ever consider starting one either.

I agree. If this guy walked into the store he'd be on here p!ssed that he had to pay so much and boxing and packaging for shipping was "factored into the price" when he wasn't having it shipped.

Sent from atop the throne in the last stall using Tapatalk 2 for Android.

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I ordered some factory grips from Sig today and they only charged $7 for FedEx ground. It was cheaper to call the actual manufacturer and buy them than I could get them on eBay once shipping was included not to mention Sig Sauer adds the grip screws for free. Actually it was $7 cheaper than if I had bought them of their own website too.

Total cost for P229 grips and screws from Sig $33.95 shipping included. Not bad!

When I sell on eBay I always list the cost for a flat rate USPS box so buyers know up front they aren't getting screwed and how long it will take to get.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I ordered some factory grips from Sig today and they only charged $7 for FedEx ground. It was cheaper to call the actual manufacturer and buy them than I could get them on eBay once shipping was included not to mention Sig Sauer adds the grip screws for free. Actually it was $7 cheaper than if I had bought them of their own website too.

Total cost for P229 grips and screws from Sig $33.95 shipping included. Not bad!

When I sell on eBay I always list the cost for a flat rate USPS box so buyers know up front they aren't getting screwed and how long it will take to get.

You should offer the same price to your FTF customers, and see what they think.

Latest posts

Top Bottom