SDA question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EhlerDave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Unless I am just not seeing the right forum I am not sure where to post this question.

This is about restricted areas and having a concealed weapon.

If person is asks about carrying a weapon into a restricted place such as a city building that does business with the public, can the city board members say it is okay? Or does the SDA override them and wind up with a fella with his tail in a crack.

Thanks for any input.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do not believe that the City, County or State can override this portion of the statute

TITLE 21 § 1277 UNLAWFUL CARRY IN CERTAIN PLACES
A. It shall be unlawful for any person in possession of a valid handgun license issued pursuant to the provisions of the Oklahoma Self-Defense Act to carry any concealed or unconcealed handgun into any of the following places:

1. Any structure, building, or office space which is owned or leased by a city, town, county, state, or federal governmental authority for the purpose of conducting business with the public;
2. Any prison, jail, detention facility or any facility used to process, hold, or house arrested persons, prisoners or persons alleged delinquent or adjudicated delinquent;
3. Any public or private elementary or public or private secondary school, except as provided in subsections C and D of this section;
4. Any sports arena during a professional sporting event;
5. Any place where pari-mutuel wagering is authorized by law; and

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
...can the city board members say it is okay?

No, they can not negate a state law.

They can tell you that "they" don't mind,,,
And that "they" will not turn you in,,,
But it would still be illegal to do it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom