Seized hub?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
066AF3F3-A33F-47DF-B707-D5C8AA91B5CB.jpeg
Working on a buddy’s 2014 Dodge Journey. Passenger side was a piece of cake. Driver side is not budging. I’ve got a decent size puller and left it under pressure and soaked in PB Blaster overnight. I was hoping I’d walk in and it would be laying on the floor, no dice dammit! Here’s a pic of my puller. You can see the shaft is bent under the pressure.
Then I found his vid on YouTube and it was actually discouraging! I’ve used heat and basically did what this guy does. I just don’t have a puller that size. Any ideas?

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if one of the OTC style would hold up either. The ones you mount onto the lug bolts. You could probably find one for rental at one of the auto stores. It will have a much shorter shaft that hopefully wouldn't bend. I am thinking your still gonna need more heat.

Last edited:

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OOS, out of square and in a bind.. Take puller and pp off and use a hammer/ rawhide or heavy rubber mallet to whack the hub ON then reset the puller and try again..
Do this again and again until you can see movement..

Last edited:

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’d get it nice and hot with a torch then whack the beejeebus out of it as previously suggested. Brute force is sometimes the answer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah, brute force and stubbornness always wins the day.

One thing I would do is safety wire through those holes on the legs of the puller to keep them from flying off. Not just one flimsy wire either. I'd use as much and as tight as I could get through those holes.

Then I would use heat on the hub itself, keeping it away from the shaft, then Liquid Wrench. Rinse and repeat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom