1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Sen. Cory Booker Wants to Make Marijuana Legal Across U.S.— Could That Curb Opioid Epidemic?

Discussion in 'News Links' started by CHenry, Sep 18, 2017.

1. GlockPride

GlockPride Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I'm not a liberal, but I am a Constitutional Freedomist.
    I don't like weed. Don't smoke, never, probably never will.

However, the fact of the matter is that it shouldn't be up to the government to tell you legally what you can and cannot put in your body. If we are going to have freedom, let's have it, along with it's sometimes less than stellar side effects.

2. Chuckie

Chuckie Sharpshooter

I don't think that the argument is about which drug (THC or alcohol) remains in your system longer. The debate is bout which one causes the most problems. I don't think that I have ever heard of someone high on just marijuana physically abusing their spouse or kids or becoming violent against strangers or LEO's, however, that seems to be a 'normal' response with more than a few drunks.

Ignored Member and D. Hargrove like this.
  3. emapples

emapples Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I am not talking about the change in your personality, like most drunks they seem normal during the day and are assholes when they drink at home LOL...... I understand all of this, pot makes you lazy , giggly , sleepy, hungry and horny ...I've found that I can make all this happen with out THC so that's what I did.

The only caveat I have mentioned as far as the legalization of Marijauna is that the effect THC lingers in ones system, it's half life in the bloodstream is much longer than alcohol. Not to mention it's fat soluble and can be stored there and be released into the bloodstream should your body enter ketosis and use fat for energy at some point. So it is possible for THC to enter the bloodstream even when you haven't smoked or eaten any. Thus it has a greater risk of affecting motor skills when you think you are just fine. But NO everyoen is sure it safer then alcohol in ALL respects

4. emapples

emapples Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    IMG_2414.PNG

http://dviaviation.com/files/45944181.pdf

Here is the data, it's just a fact that the THC can impair cognitive functions longer than alcohol .....therein lies the only real danger if an see.....BUT NOOO !!!!! Pot smoking brain surgeons and pilots are no different then the drunks ......lmao

5. Ignored Member

Ignored Member Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Dude! You're right!! Why are you even looking at this thread anymore?!?

6. Ignored Member

Ignored Member Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%

Sigh..... I don't know. I'm out....

D. Hargrove likes this.
  7. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    lmao

8. Pokinfun

Pokinfun The Most Interesting Man in the World

Rating
    100%
    the problem is that potheads do not compete in our economy. Therefore, the result is going to be more poverty. Of course people with money that do compete will make more money, but at what cost to tax payers? The guy above that said he is a femdom and it should be legal is forgetting the taxation part is a way for the state to enslave its people. I understand that most people could care less about people in poverty. Everyone here arguing to just tax it really just want to use people in poverty, but really getting them high and using them is just wrong.
    If it going to be legalized the state needs to make sure that the tax is over the apex of the Laffer Curve, which would actually discourage its use.

9. emapples

emapples Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    I know a lot of successful people , making 200k or more , and they like to smoke pot (a lot!) so its not just for the average Bill & Ted's of the world. Of course most of them are recovered alcoholics lol .....but hey whatever works for them. I am all for taxing it, I'd rather the impoverished pay taxes on it rather than fill the jails and prisons because they are caught in possession. Besides ….legalized and taxed pot is cheaper than the illegal product so it would likely be a net positive for their checkbooks. And the state already enslaves us all, and so does the federal government.

10. Pokinfun

Pokinfun The Most Interesting Man in the World

Rating
    100%
    arguing outside of the norm is not an argument. I hope you realized that you actually disproved your own argument.