September 600 yd shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dentonrifles

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the info on the Sept shoot, our first shoot we had 16 show up had a great time shot some good scores and groups come join the fun

Oklahoma Long Range Shooters Association
600 Yard Bench Rest Fun Shoot
When: September 27 2014
Where: Payne Ranch 4352 Whizbang Denoya Road, Shidler, OK 74652
Time: 9:00 am until done (Range will be open from 7:00 am until 8:30 am for sighting in and Practice)
Classifications: Factory, BASIC ACCURIZING, NO MAJOR MACHINING. Bedding, trigger work, lapping lugs, re-crowns, and muzzle brakes, etc.
Custom: Re-barrels, Re-chambers, Action work, Custom Stocks, Custom Builds. (Match director will have final decision on any classification disputs)
Format: Bench, ground shooting, rests, bags, bipods, sticks, are acceptable. We will follow the IBS/NBRSA format and safety procedures, no points will be attained, this is a club shoot.
Scoring: Best group, best score, per class, each shooter will get to shoot in at least two relays. First relay 10 shots, following relays and shoot offs 5 shots.
Price: $30 initial entry, reentry of different gun’s or classifications is a cost of $25.00 per gun or event.
Awards for best Group and Best Score will be Awarded to each class.
We are looking at forming a club so we can get together and shoot, we are wanting to promote long range shooting and bench rest style competition. If you have any questions or would like to RSVP you can E-Mail [email protected] or call Denton Precision Rifles 580-762-3843
Robert cell 580-716-2708 anytime
Dean cell 970-250-4388 after 6:00 pm
Bring your rifle and let’s shoot

kansas45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, Robert. a shooting buddy and myself attended the 600 yd match yesterday. My friend did very well, and, for whatever reason I sucked! I'm on my way to the farm after the NASCAR race this afternoon to find out what went wrong. I suspect a scope malfunction is the culprit, but will confirm this later today.
Too bad you couldn't make it out, but we all hope to see you next month.
If any of you folks are thinking about getting in some long range shooting, this is the place to do it. Come on out next time.
Thanks to all of the fine people that work to make this series of matches a success.

kansas45

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next month, possibly. Not sure of the date, but I imagine Robert will let us know here on this forum.
The shooters that participated this past weekend were a great bunch of guys, join up next time if you can.

Jedabug92

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Next month, possibly. Not sure of the date, but I imagine Robert will let us know here on this forum.
The shooters that participated this past weekend were a great bunch of guys, join up next time if you can.

I would LOVE to, my rifle is omly sighted to 100yd so itll be fun (trying to) hit @6 lol
how many rounds will i need?

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hope everybody that attended Saturday had a good time. I did and I didn't even shoot. I got to talk with a shooter that I hadn't seen since I shoot IDPA near Dexter, Kansas many years ago. The match is a work in progress. We are trying to make it a "fun match " and keep it simple. Robert, Dean, Adam, and I are going to meet soon and tweek things and make it run smoother. Several shooters left early and may want to contact Robert or Dean about awards they may have won. Thanks to everyone that attended.

dentonrifles

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
The next shoot will be Oct 25, we will be hosting the Gordy Gritters long range clinic the week of the 18 and 19 if this is something you are interested in please email me for info, as far as the shooting positions we are trying to promote long range bench and f class style shooting, keeping it laxed but still having some match structure its designed for shooters of all skill and interest levels, lots of good fellowship, advice and info is shared at these events, if anyone is interetsed and needs more info please let me know, hope to see yall at next shoot thanks Robert

Latest posts

Top Bottom