September Eat and Shoot.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Drury and I have been talking about the next shoot and eat.
Date will be September 16th with a rain date of Sept 30.
Location at the Ponca City Rifle and Pistol club range.
We have 90 pieces of forward or rear falling steel targets, at 35 or 25 yards depending on the bay shoot at, with pistol or PCC caliber rounds.
Can't get them all on one bay, but you won't be disappointed on what is there.

After a pistol shoot, we can/will move as a group to the 50 yard, 100 yard or 300 yard bays as the group determines to shoot the rifles and those that have some long range pistols. We also have a shotgun/clay area with a thrower mounted on a pole for those that want to shoot some clays.
I will provide the clays at no cost, and will have some shotguns on site to loan.
I'll have the first 100 rounds of shotgun ammo for free for those that have never shot clays. Its an amazing sport.
Our range rules require a club member be with the group at all times and it will be likely me, if one other member can't get off shift work.

After the shoot, we would caravan to Ponca to visit Danny Heads BBQ restaurant. Danny has won several national BBQ contests and is the past owner of Head Country BBQ sauce.

Questions or comments appreciated.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Outstanding Dennis! This one sounds like fun to me, and I can flat eat me some BBQ too. I understand the movement as a group for safety reasons. Those who do not have or want to shoot a long gun after we shoot pistols can still have fun just watching, BS'ing with the other OSA folks, or taking Dennis up on his generous offer for some clays. This will be a great event and I hope we have a n excellent turn out . Questions:
1. What time and where do we meet?
2. Can you post a link to the rules, or provide a synopsis?

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dang...you people need to just play hookie, bring wives, give them some excuse, and show up anyway.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Jen and I will be in Oregon for a wedding that weekend, but if rain delayed we will be at the ENS on the 30th!!
Thank you dennis for the offer of your club's facilities!!

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Both of those weekends are very questionable for me, but I'll try. One way or the other, Dennis, I need to get you that box of clays I took to gerhard1's that we never did use. They will obviously never get shot up around here!!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom