Setting up a crow shoot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never been on an organized crow shoot fundraiser.
If its not localized, and monitered, the sharks will win.
I've been in a couple of small bass tourneys where cheating was involved and found out. A few bucks will bring out the bad ones.
You just have to put it on, and let things fall as they may. Its a fund raiser.

heavydrop

New to the site!
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply.
This would be a local event. Definately need to police for cheaters.
Interested in hearin. from any one who has been a part of an organized event.
During the fifties the National Crow Shoot was held in Vandalia Ill.but I was just a kid and don't remember.
I remember tales of shooters traveling to Oklahoma and shooting thousands of crows.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The old crow roost at Ft Cobb isn't like it was in the 60's and 70's.
The county used to put dumpsters at intersections to dump carcasses. I don't know why the birds moved. Quit farming peanuts or they just decided to leave?

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
one of my biggest regrets was a trip to Ft Cobb in 1963, we killed hundreds of crows. looking back i can only think WHY? the only reason i can come up with is, we could. such a stupid thing to have done. i only know one individual who's killed a crow and ate it, he wanted to see if things got really bad if crow was tasty enough to see him thru.

let me climb into my bunker before the incoming begins falling

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
one of my biggest regrets was a trip to Ft Cobb in 1963, we killed hundreds of crows. looking back i can only think WHY? the only reason i can come up with is, we could. such a stupid thing to have done. i only know one individual who's killed a crow and ate it, he wanted to see if things got really bad if crow was tasty enough to see him thru.

let me climb into my bunker before the incoming begins falling

I've only been on two or three hunting trips in my life. Killing critters is just not my thing. I can see where a farming community would have an event like this to protect their crops and their livelyhood. Or for over-infestation of a particular critter.

Prairie dog hunts, rattlesnake hunts, alligators, and more recently boa constrictors in the Florida Everglades are the ones I've heard about.

Latest posts

Top Bottom