Shooting at Midtown Tulsa Gas Station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If he was never a deputy, then how could he have arrested the other subject?

Well that's his claim, obviously dead men tell no tales, this is what the Okmulgee county sherrif had to say about him.

Okmulgee County Sheriff Eddie Rice tells The News on 6 the shooter had been enrolled in their reserve academy but was dismissed after only a few days and was never a reserve deputy for Okmulgee County.

im not a cop. ive arrested at least 10 people.

fox 23 says he was a reserve deputy that was "fired"

Too bad a party bus can't catch a silver wrx you coulda had a shoot out and made that number 12!

You sound just like some washout saying he was a deputy, you want to arrest people so bad get a badge.

Martialartsblackbelt

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Well that's his claim, obviously dead men tell no tales, this is what the Okmulgee county sherrif had to say about him.

Too bad a party bus can't catch a silver wrx you coulda had a shoot out and made that number 12!

You sound just like some washout saying he was a deputy, you want to arrest people so bad get a badge.
and you sound like a D bag with out a clue

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

:fullauto::clap3:

and you sound like a D bag with out a clue

:lmfao::comfort:

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Sorry, kind of a trolling post, but saw tooooo much humor in this one......:D

im not a cop. ive arrested at least 10 people.

fox 23 says he was a reserve deputy that was "fired"

Dude, I have worked Loss Prevention before too, and no matter what the Police that are writing the ticket tell you, there is a huge difference between detaining people at the mall, and taking them to Jail. Try taking one downtown and let me know how that works out for you. However, for the love of God, and safety of the perp, don't take the bus........

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My goodness ...

Lessons learned so far:

1. Don't show anybody your gun and say "do you want some of this" because if you do the "one to the hip" rule is revoked instantly and deadly force can be applied.

2. If you are close enough to someone to have a "conversation" and clearly identify a gun shoved into a waistband and you have to fire 8 to 10 shots, YOU need to practice more.

3. Apparently you do not have to be a real JBT to arrest people.

4. I love OSA ...

In all seriousness, though, why do people TALK after a shooting?? Can someone explain the psychological process that says to a person, "Hey, Person, talk all you want to because nothing bad has ever come from someone saying too much to the media (or any authority figure, for that matter)."

I just don't get it.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This one doesn't smell right.

Maybe because of poor reporting.

KRMG reported on my drive home that the shooter was a security guard who helped TPD arrest Byrd last year.

The only issue at hand I have problems with is the claim that he was a Okmulgee county reserve sheriff deputy, could be more poor reporting caused by the shooters diarrhea of the month, the fact that he was in the reserve training program may have been mentioned by him in his statement and was misconstrued by reporters.

http://www.newson6.com/global/story.asp?s=12508868
TULSA, OK -- Tulsa Police are expected to send their report on a fatal shooting Tuesday evening in a midtown convenience store to the Tulsa County DA's Office.

The shooting happened at Moe's Grill at 5th and Lewis.

Police tell The News On 6 based on surveillance video taken inside the store, the shooting was a case of self defense.

Tulsa Police say a man who claimed to be an Okmulgee County Reserve Deputy fired his gun, hitting 22-year-old Travion Byrd in the chest.

Byrd was pronounced dead at the scene.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
you have to fire 8 to 10 shots, YOU need to practice more
http://www.tulsaworld.com/news/article.aspx?subjectid=11&articleid=20100519_11_0_Thefor760557

Apparently the reason people outside heard so many shots wasnt because Gray couldnt shoot straight. After he had shot Byrd and then Byrd hit the ground, he reached for the gun that he had shown Gray that was in his waistband, and thats when Gray shot him several more times killing him.

All the more reason I guess that we should either carry a gun with a large enough round that it will put someone down and keep them down or have a gun with enough rounds capacity to knock them down and then to have enough rounds left to be able to keep firing until they stay down. Dayum.

Latest posts

Top Bottom