Shooting at Midtown Tulsa Gas Station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the back edge of adrenaline dump makes some people blabber and prattle

Thank you. I am just the opposite so it is difficult for me to imagine the seemingly overwhelming need most people seem to have to explain themselves. The more wound up I am the less I have to say, especially if I think I might have done something that is gonna cause me grief. And I am one of those people who happen to believe that even if a shooting is justified it is going to have unpleasant ramifications.

Never mind the fact that I really don't trust anyone to have my best interests at heart, except GC ... and I wonder about him sometimes.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what has been reported, and there is a lot that could be very inaccurate, the only issue I'd have with Gray is the fact that he argued back with the guy. Up until the guy showed the gun, Gray should have tried to diffuse the situation. Once the gun was shown, then all bets are off. But his arguing, thus escalating the situation, with the guy, may bite him in the ass. It could be construed as "baiting".

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least two cops quoted in news reports saw it as a good shoot. Nonetheless, they turned it over to Timmy Harris. Bad news for Mr. Gray, I'm afraid...

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
At least two cops quoted in news reports saw it as a good shoot. Nonetheless, they turned it over to Timmy Harris. Bad news for Mr. Gray, I'm afraid...

They have to do that. ONLY the DA can decide to prosecute, or not. The cops report may help influence him, but they can't just say "good shoot", and then do nothing about it.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
From what has been reported, and there is a lot that could be very inaccurate, the only issue I'd have with Gray is the fact that he argued back with the guy. Up until the guy showed the gun, Gray should have tried to diffuse the situation. Once the gun was shown, then all bets are off. But his arguing, thus escalating the situation, with the guy, may bite him in the ass. It could be construed as "baiting".

Having dealt with Moe for many years, I'll trust the video rather than his judgement.

Just my take.

Michael Brown

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Who are they supposed to turn it over to?

Would you prefer that cops make that decision in our society?

I'm a cop and I don't want cops having that authority.

Michael Brown

buckeye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not begrudging the turning, it's the turnee. :)

No, cops shouldn't make those decisions, although your input commands a great deal of weight in the courtroom.

I hope Mr. Grey makes it through this whole process without penalty. It's not a totally clear-cut scenario like we read in American Rifleman.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not begrudging the turning, it's the turnee. :)

No, cops shouldn't make those decisions, although your input commands a great deal of weight in the courtroom.

I hope Mr. Grey makes it through this whole process without penalty. It's not a totally clear-cut scenario like we read in American Rifleman.

Actually I think it is a clear cut scenario. 1 scum ridden member of society that probably has a rap sheet as long as your arm, decides to be the biggest dumb butt he can be in public, when the person being assualted doesn't bow down to him and his mouth running, he then escalates and brandishes a weapon and gets himself killed, all I can say is what a dumb butt. He has now paid the ultimate price for his stupidity and ignorance.

Latest posts

Top Bottom