Shooting at Midtown Tulsa Gas Station

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Police officers that have seen the actual video of the whole ordeal (not just "heard" second-hand information form "news" sources) have gone on record saying that they believe this to be a justified self-defense shooting. It baffles me why this not good enough for some members of a group that is supposed to be supportive of carrying weapons for self defense.

Has anyone here that has seen the video feel like the shooter acted inappropriately?

Bryan

The bit of video I have seen showed the deceased having gun in hand while still vertical, not just exposing it in his waistband or trying to remove it after being shot. That video convinced me this should result in no charges from the DA.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Did they have something new, or just the same basic information?

Got to watch it again last night. Still not sure exactly what happened. They talked to the father of the perp and he said he didn't understand how someone could shoot someone 12 times, then go outside and reload. Don't know where he got that info. They interviewed a CCW instructor and all he said was, "Self defense is self defense whether you fire 1, 2, 3, or more times." They also reported that the owner of the shop stated he thought it was self defense too.

So really no knew information that would be considered "good" information.

Michael Brown

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Slip ups? I didn't know you were running for office? That was a great political answer. Lol. I have seen the media's bias first hand many times, I was a PIO for a fire dept and the news always has an axe to grind.

I am not running for office but I do accept that to err is human and I prefer not to paint anyone negatively with a broad brush.

I find that treating everyone as an individual is a much better policy than generalizing.

Michael Brown

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think in the future that LEO and Timmay should just consult with OSA on what happened and how to deal with it. :D Eventually, I'd bet we become good enough to have a Minority Report like think tank.

DGRAY

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Exactly! Im the guy that was in the shooting and I read you guys comments and some are true and some have no clue.....lol anyway it goes i was justified!!!! I was in fear of my life so I took the appropriate action

DGRAY

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My goodness ...

Lessons learned so far:

1. Don't show anybody your gun and say "do you want some of this" because if you do the "one to the hip" rule is revoked instantly and deadly force can be applied.

2. If you are close enough to someone to have a "conversation" and clearly identify a gun shoved into a waistband and you have to fire 8 to 10 shots, YOU need to practice more.

3. Apparently you do not have to be a real JBT to arrest people.

4. I love OSA ...

In all seriousness, though, why do people TALK after a shooting?? Can someone explain the psychological process that says to a person, "Hey, Person, talk all you want to because nothing bad has ever come from someone saying too much to the media (or any authority figure, for that matter)."

I just don't get it.

You got it all wrong. First I didnt talk to nobody after the shooting but God and I was 100% accurate with my shot placement the same amount of bullets that left the chamber hit the perp!!! I would appreciate that u know your facts before u discuss a topic about me

Latest posts

Top Bottom