Shot my entire collection yesterday.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Finally had some decent photo taking weather yesterday so I decided to break out the camera. This probably belongs in the photo album, but I figured you guys would appreciate the thread more over here.

1955 5.8 Springfield M1 Garand

WASR 10/63

1979 Yugo 59/66 A1 SKS

1943 Izhevsk repro PU sniper

1942 VKT M39

1937 Izhevsk 91/30 Finn capture

1943 Izhevsk M38

Last edited:

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's a nice assortment. Is that an M38 (I'd guess) or a 91/59?

Thanks Ronny. I would still like to find an M91, a couple more Finn variants, a 1903 or 03a3, and a K98k (and an SVT...a Swiss K31...a Russian SKS...the list doesn't ever seem to end).

The carbine is a 1943 Izhevsk M38. I picked it up for a $100 back in May. It was wearing an M44 stock so I found an M38 set on eBay for $50 shipped. I refinished the M44 stock with a pine tar undercoat and amber shellac and sold it on eBay for $98. I had to replace the sear spring so I'm only into it for less than $70. Not too bad considering what they seem to be going for these days. I've had a couple different collectors tell me that the M38 stock is one of only around a dozen that have been documented with the press in sling escutcheons. Apparently they only made these for a couple months early in 1943.

Perplexed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Very nice collection, great pics! Reminds me of what my milsurp collection used to be like a few years ago, before I reduced it by 2/3. Trying to research a bunch of different calibers and makes/models left me feeling a bit too spread out. Not to mention trying to find surplus ammo for them all.

What's the last rifle in your pics?

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
BTW, a good way to go with Mosins, in addition to adding a '91, would be to get all 4 carbines; M38, M44, M91/59 & M 91/38. I once had good examples of all 4, but let them all go when I went through my "thinning" stage. How stupid was I?

coolhandluke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Very nice collection, great pics! Reminds me of what my milsurp collection used to be like a few years ago, before I reduced it by 2/3. Trying to research a bunch of different calibers and makes/models left me feeling a bit too spread out. Not to mention trying to find surplus ammo for them all.

What's the last rifle in your pics?

Thanks Perplexed...the last rifle is a Romanian M69 trainer. I guess that I should have put a description for each rifle above the photos. I'll do that now.

BTW, a good way to go with Mosins, in addition to adding a '91, would be to get all 4 carbines; M38, M44, M91/59 & M 91/38. I once had good examples of all 4, but let them all go when I went through my "thinning" stage. How stupid was I?

Ronny...for some reason the Mosins have always been my favorite next to the Garand. Probably because they were the only thing that I could afford when I first started buying surplus rifles. I am honestly thinking that I will try trading the repro PU for a nice M91 or a Finn variant that I don't already own.

gfercaks33

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gorgeous collection, makes me feel in adequate now haha. I love the coloring of the ak, I want one and another sks in wood to round off the Russian collection

Latest posts

Top Bottom