Shotgun Loads for Dove

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a buddy wanting to off load about 300 shells. 20ga, 2 3/4", 7/8 oz, 7 1/2 shot, 1210 FPS, Federal Game Loads. Is lead allowed in OK for Dove? My shotgun knowledge is not on par with my rifle and pistol knowledge. With the ammo shortages, etc my buddy is asking for a fair/normal price. If these can be used in OK for Dove, what would you offer for box of shells. He as 12 boxes of 25 per or 300 shells. Thanks

upload_2021-1-21_19-56-12.png

Parks 788

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, lead is OK for dove in Ok. If your not a good wing shooter, those 300 rounds will last you about two days in the field. :D

Then i should pick them up, When i was in college at OSU one of my fraturnity brothers took me Donve hunting on a bunch of his property in Cushing. I absolutely loved it. While CA has great hunting down by the CA/Mexico border and CA/AZ border around Yuma area. Just never got down there to do it. Dennis, what would you think is a fair price for those shells?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Then i should pick them up, When i was in college at OSU one of my fraturnity brothers took me Donve hunting on a bunch of his property in Cushing. I absolutely loved it. While CA has great hunting down by the CA/Mexico border and CA/AZ border around Yuma area. Just never got down there to do it. Dennis, what would you think is a fair price for those shells?
Depends on what is considered a fair value in this day and time of gougers/neckbeards trying to make a dime.
Prior panic pricing was around $6 per box or a bit less.
Current pricing is into the atmosphere.
I cut a deal with another member on here for about 6 cases of 16 ga. at bargain prices.
I could triple my money or more with current prices but those shells will go to shooting dove, upland game or clays.
I would never disrespect my friend that sold me those shells by reselling them for profit.