shotgun news auto sear

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DeadEyeDick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone been brave enough to order one of these? But first let say, I HAVE ZERO INTENTIONS OF DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL! I KNOW THE RULES! I just want know if anyone has ordered one or know someone that has, or STIM. Also just want to hear what everyone else thinks of this ad.

Oh, if you don't know what I'm talking about, its an ad in SN for a DIAS, and says no ffl needed and all that to good to be true info.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone been brave enough to order one of these? But first let say, I HAVE ZERO INTENTIONS OF DOING SOMETHING ILLEGAL! I KNOW THE RULES! I just want know if anyone has ordered one or know someone that has, or STIM. Also just want to hear what everyone else thinks of this ad.

Oh, if you don't know what I'm talking about, its an ad in SN for a DIAS, and says no ffl needed and all that to good to be true info.

I don't think "brave" is the word I would use. "Dumb" would be more like it. Anyone dumb enough to spend $100 for something they couldn't use without committing a felony is not "brave".

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Are you talking about the auto safety sear from "su press-on inc" or something along that lines from detroit michigan. I smell ATF trap everytime i see that ad

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
OK, and what irritates me about this the most, is that in general, the public is not educated about the rules regarding class three stuff. The common misconception is "aren't MG's illegal?" so when they see an ad like this they may not know it IS illegal.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, and what irritates me about this the most, is that in general, the public is not educated about the rules regarding class three stuff. The common misconception is "aren't MG's illegal?" so when they see an ad like this they may not know it IS illegal.

Exactly. I have seen several guys at the gun show with short AR's and when I say "nice SBR", they say "what is an SBR?". It is amazing how many folks have something that can land them in a lot of trouble and simply don't know it. I usually try to educate them about the law and some are thanful for the info and others tell me to "mind my own @#$%ing business". Personally, I think that just about all gun laws are dumb. I am all for keeping guns away from criminals and mentally unstable folks, but I think I should be able to buy anything I want without restriction if I am a good citizen.

B96brig4CC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BATF states that you can not own a pre-81 sear and an AR-15 at the same time.(you can technically own one legally) Yes you don't have to register it, but you would also be hard pressed to prove that it was a pre-81 sear seeing as they don't have serials or date codes. So, if caught with one whether you own an AR or not could still land you with a felony. Your only excuse would be to tell them that someone told you it was OK. Useless paper weight that could send you to the clink.

CamaroMan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BATF states that you can not own a pre-81 sear and an AR-15 at the same time.(you can technically own one legally) Yes you don't have to register it, but you would also be hard pressed to prove that it was a pre-81 sear seeing as they don't have serials or date codes. So, if caught with one whether you own an AR or not could still land you with a felony. Your only excuse would be to tell them that someone told you it was OK. Useless paper weight that could send you to the clink.

So basically if you have an auto sear in your hand and don't have the registered legal full auto firearm it goes to then your automatically commiting a felony. Good to know, I don't want to play with those matches. I couldn't afford full auto even if it were legal. However it would be nice to own a sear you know just in case SHTF lol. But until our second amendment rights are restored I'm happy with my semiauto.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So basically if you have an auto sear in your hand and don't have the registered legal full auto firearm it goes to then your automatically commiting a felony. Good to know, I don't want to play with those matches. I couldn't afford full auto even if it were legal. However it would be nice to own a sear you know just in case SHTF lol. But until our second amendment rights are restored I'm happy with my semiauto.

if you had an AR and a auto sear at the same time that can be constructive possession.
The ad calls it an "auto safety sear" and judging by the picture, goes up by the front of the hammer,not behind it. I'll hafta take a pic of the ad.

CAR-AR-M16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
if you had an AR and a auto sear at the same time that can be constructive possession.
The ad calls it an "auto safety sear" and judging by the picture, goes up by the front of the hammer,not behind it.

I don't see how anything could fit in front of the hammer as there is no room.

I'll hafta take a pic of the ad.

If it looks like this,
awww.quarterbore.com_images_JCBDIAS_01.JPG

It fits behind the Fire Control Group (like this) and is held in place by the takedown lug on the upper receiver.
awww.quarterbore.com_images_dias_colt.jpg

(pics from quarterbore.com)

Latest posts

Top Bottom